Introduction: Tuxedo Frappuccino Recipe
This past New Years, Starbucks offered the Tuxedo Frappuccino. This tasty frappuccino is very much like the classic Mocha Frappuccino but is made with both regular and white chocolate and is topped with chocolate sauce covering only half the whipped topping and chocolate shavings. While very similar to the other drink, the white chocolate sauce does seem to make it taste a bit different. So, I've decided to make it and share it with you.
Find more Frappuccino, and other Starbucks copycat recipes, in this collection: Starbucks Copycat Recipes
Step 1: Ingredients
This recipe is a single serving and makes about the equivalent of a 16oz Grande from Starbucks.
- 2c Ice
- 1/4c Strong coffee
- 1/2c Milk
- 1 tbsp Chocolate sauce /or/ Torani's Chocolate Milano syrup
- 2 tbsp White chocolate sauce /or/ Torani's White Chocolate syrup
- 2-3 tbsp simple syrup (or 3 tbsp of sugar, but simple syrup blends in better)
- Whipped topping
- More chocolate sauce for topping
- Chocolate shavings - I used a Hershey bar
- Pinch of Xantham Gum (optional)
- Ice cube trays - small ice cubes make for even easier blending
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cups for serving
- Straws - I'm a fan of reusable ones, but these birch pattern paper straws would go well with this drink
- Vegetable peeler - for chocolate shavings
*The amounts are just a suggestion. I tend to add a bit less coffee and more milk, but use the ratio you like.
To get started, shave your chocolate so that is ready when you need it. Gotta work fast since the drink is going to melt :)
Step 2: Mix
Blend and serve!
Blend everything at once until there are no more ice chunks. Feel free to put in chocolate shavings if you want.
Top with whatever you want. As stated in the ingredients list, I used whipped topping, chocolate sauce over half of the drink, and chocolate shavings. (Putting the chocolate sauce over so much of the whipped topping will cause it to compress and melt faster, or at least it seemed that way. If you are serving this to people, work quick if you want a nice presentation.)
Step 3: Pretty
As usual, more final shots.
Participated in the
Copycat Recipes Contest 2017