Introduction: Vanilla Cupcakes
Have you ever just felt in the mood for cupcakes?, well this instructable will show you how to make delicious cupcakes which will be fun to bake and eat!
Step 1: Ingredients for Cupcakes & Frosting
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 sugar
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter (slightly melted)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup powder
- 3 tablespoons butter (slightly melted)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
Step 2: Step 1
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Spray 5 muffin cups or place 5 liners in a muffin pan.
Step 3: Step 2:
In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
Step 4: Step 3:
In a large bowl, whisk the egg and sugar for 30 seconds, add the vanilla extract and melted butter and whisk until well combined.
Step 5: Step 4:
Add half the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until well combined. Add the milk and whisk until just combined. Add the remaining dry ingredients and whisk until well combined.
Step 6: Step 5:
Divide the batter evenly between 5 muffin cups. Bake for 14-16 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
Step 7: For the Frosting:
- Beat powdered sugar and butter until smooth. Add vanilla extract and one teaspoon of milk. Beat on medium speed for several minutes until light and fluffy. If frosting appears too thick add an additional teaspoon of milk.
4 years ago
Sounds great! I like that it makes just a few cupcakes so you don't feel obligated to eat them all before they go bad ;)