Introduction: Vegetable Stuffed Tiny Frocks
- I made these vegetable stuffed tiny frocks which are very cute and loved by kids. You can make them for kids party and they love them. We can have them as snacks.
- First we need to make vegetable stuffing. Then we need to knead 2 types of dough ( one for making frock and other one is coloured dough for decorating the frock)
- Finally we need to fry them. Preparing these cute frocks requires patience and time but finally you will love them.
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGETABLE STUFFING:
- Cooking oil
- Teaspoon cumin seeds
- Teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- Finely chopped carrot, beans
- Finely chopped capsicum
- One chopped onion
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Teaspoon Coriander powder
- Teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Teaspoon Red chilli powder
- Few Chilli flakes
- Tablespoon tomato sauce
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric powder
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING WHITE DOUGH:
- One cup All purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Few crushed carrom seeds
- 2 tablespoon Ghee/ butter
- 1/4 cup water
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING GREEN COLOURED DOUGH:
- Half cup All purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- Green food colour
- Few crushed Carrom seeds
- One tablespoon Ghee/ butter
- Water as needed
We need oil for deep frying
Step 1: Preparing Stuffing
- For preparing stuffing :
- Take little oil in a pan. When oil is heated add few cumin seeds. When they crackle add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell of ginger leaves.
- Next add one finely chopped onion and cook for few minutes
- Add pinch of turmeric powder.
Step 2: Add Chopped Vegetables
- Add finely chopped carrots, beans and capsicum. Saute the veggies for few minutes
Step 3: Add Spices
- Add Teaspoon coriander powder, Teaspoon red chilli powder and salt as per taste
Step 4: Add Remaining Ingredients
- Add about half teaspoon Oregano, few chilli flakes.
- Add about two tablespoon tomato sauce and half teaspoon garam masala powder.
- After adding all ingredients mix everything and cook for sometime.
- Stuffing is ready
Step 5: Preparing Dough
- Take one cup of All purpose flour in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and give a mix.
- Add few crushed carrom seeds to the flour. Carrom seeds gives nice flavour.
Step 6: Add Ghee
- Add two tablespoon ghee( you can also add butter or oil)
Step 7: Make a Stiff Dough
Add water little by little and make a stiff dough. ( I added about 1/4 cup water)
Step 8: Preparing Green Coloured Dough
- We need green colored dough for decorating the frock.
- Take Half cup of All purpose flour in a bowl. Add pinch of salt, carrom seeds and little green food colour .After adding all dry ingredients give a mix.
Step 9: Make a Stiff Dough
- Add one tablespoon ghee and give a mix.
- Add water little by little and make a stiff dough.
Step 10: Steps for Preparing Frock
- First we will use white dough to make the frock. Finally for decorating the frock we use green coloured dough.
- Take small portion of the white dough. Dust some flour on the surface and flatten the dough using rolling pin.
- After rolling cut in to rectangle shape as shown in my image.
Step 11: Folding
Start by folding from the upper side of rectangle. First fold small portion inwards and then fold small portion outwards. Continue with same process folding inwards and outwards till bottom.
( For clear understanding please see my short video which shows folding)
- After folding is done we get multiple strips.
- Stick the strips at the upper portion together by gently pressing.
- Open the strips wide at the bottom .After opening the strips we can see frock like appearence.
- ( For clear understanding please watch my short video)
- Next we need to make blouse cut design.
Step 13: Making Blouse
- Next we have to make the blouse.
- Now again take small portion of white dough and flatten it using rolling pin. Cut in to small square.
- Dust some flour on the square and fold in to half as shown in my image.
Step 14: Cutting the Blouse
- After folding is done. We need to make 2 small cuts in the middle at the top side. Then make 2 cross( side) cuts exactly touching the middle cut on both sides. ( left and right side)
- After making cuts we will have 3 pieces ( middle piece, left and right piece) Remove left and right pieces.
- Now only middle piece is left.
Step 15: Open the Folding
- Open the folding slowly and we can see blouse cut design which is ready :)
Step 16: Make All Purpose Flour Paste
- Take little All purpose flour in a bowl. Add little water and make a paste. We use this paste further to stick all creations.
Step 17: Stick the Blouse With Skirt
- Take the skirt. Apply All purpose flour paste at the rim and stick the blouse on to it as shown in my images.
- Repeat the same procedure with entire dough and make all frocks.
Step 18: Create Base Shape for Vegetable Filling
- As we are preparing vegetable stuffed frocks. We need to create a base to place the veg stuffing which is exactly in frock shape.
- Take small portion of the dough and flatten it. Place the prepared frock on it and cut the flattened dough by passing knife all along the borders of the placed frock.
- In this way we get another piece in frock shape where we place our filling.
Step 19: Place Vegetable Stuffing on Frock Base
- Take small amount of prepared stuffing and fill the frock base with the stuffing.
Step 20: Stick the Frock on to the Stuffed Base
- Place the previously prepared frock on the base and seal all edges with All purpose flour paste.
-Vegetable stuffed frock is ready. We will now decorate the frock.
Step 21: Decorating the Frock
- We use green dough for decorating the frock.
- We will make roses using green dough.
- For making roses first take small portion of green dough and flatten it. Using bottle cap cut circles.
Step 22: Making Roses
- I have taken 5 circles and placed them overlapping one over the other as shown in my image. These will be the petals of the flower.
- Start rolling petals starting from left corner to right corner.
- After rolling cut in the middle . We will get 2 Roses.
Step 23: Stick These Roses on to the Frock
- Using All purpose flour paste stick these roses as shown in image.
Step 24: Making Green Border of Frock
- Take small amount of green dough and make thin stripes as shown in image.
- Paste these stripes all over the border of the frock.
Step 25: Forming Patter on the Frock
- I made simple pattern on frock by sticking green dough and then on that white dough just as small dots in one line. ( please check the images)
Step 26: Frying Frocks
- Last step is to fry the frocks. Take oil in wok and heat it. Reduce the flame to low and fry the frocks.
- Don't flip the frock while frying because shape will deform if you flip it . Just add small portions of oil on top surface while frying and fry.
- Similarly fry all frocks .Enjoy veggie stuffed frocks when they are hot .
Participated in the
Tiny Things Speed Challenge