Introduction: Vegetarian Tater Tot Casserole for 1
This is a classic comfort food dish made single serve. It’s deliciously savory, warming and hearty. It’s also easy and fast to whip up from some common kitchen staples. The single serving is perfect for single people or portion control. Just follow the same recipe for any additional servings you may need. Great for lunch on a cold day!
Step 1: Tools and Ingredients
• oven preheated to 350 degrees
• 8 ounce ovenproof ramekin
• measuring cups and spoons
• small mixing bowl
• spoon for mixing
• butter knife
• plate or cutting board
• cookie sheet
• oven mitts
• timer if your oven doesn’t have its own.
• 20 mini tater tots
• 1/4 cup semi-condensed cream of mushroom soup
• 2 Tbsp canned green beans, drained
• 3 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
• butter to grease ramekin
Step 2: Prepare Oven and Ramekin
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Lightly grease the inside of the ramekin with butter.
Step 3: Combine the Ingredients
• Set aside 6 tots and 1 Tbsp of cheese. These will be added to the ramekin last to create a crispy crust.
• Add the other 14 tots, soup, beans, and 2 Tbsp of cheese to the bowl and mix until thoroughly coated with soup.
Step 4: Fill the Ramekin
• Pour the mixture from the bowl into the ramekin.
• Add the 6 tots that were set aside on top and sprinkle the remaining 1 Tbsp of cheese on top of everything.
Step 5: Bake and Serve
• Place filled ramekin on center rack and bake uncovered until crust is golden brown, about 35-40 minutes.
• Carefully remove ramekin from oven using oven mitts. Ramekin will be very hot. Let cool slightly. Serve.
Step 6: Additional Notes
• Feel free to use slightly less or more of any ingredient to suit your preference.
• You may want to add a seasoning such as black pepper.
• Try cooked fresh green beans instead of canned, a different cream soup, or different vegetable, such as broccoli or asparagus.
Participated in the
Comfort Food Challenge
1 Person Made This Project!
- Ilovetolearn made it!