Introduction: Wooden SUP Paddle From Scratch
Welcome to "How to make a wooden SUP paddle"
In this two part video I show you how to make your own modern paddle from scratch!
Step 1: Making the Blank (bent Lamination)
In part one I show you
- How to resaw your strips for the bent lamination
- How to make a easy bending form
- How to glue up your shaft and get it ready for shaping
- Gluing on your blade blank
- and more!
Step 2: Shaping the Paddle and Finish.
In part two we have our blank glued up and its time to shape it.
I show you
- Power carving techniques
- Hand tool carving techniques,
- and finishing with epoxy
Be the First to Share
7 years ago
First of all, thank you so much for sharing what you're doing ! That was really helpfull and well detailed.
But don't you wet the wood before apply polyurethane glue :) ? It gives a better adhesion to the surface.