Introduction: Zesty Orange Loaf Cake
Here I present an easy to make butter-free and egg less Loaf cake with the freshness and sweetness of oranges.
As the contest demands, this recipe is completely eligible for it. The multiple steps may strike toward a lengthy recipe but the time taken to complete the recipe only includes pre- heating and baking time i.e 40- 45 mins
Zesty Orange Loaf cake will give you a different taste than the normal flavour cake as this loaf cake will serve you like a dessert piece- just enjoy it by little spoon bites.
- Refined Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
Step 1: Batter Preparation- 1
First of all, turn your timer for 10 mins to pre- heat your oven. The batter will be prepared in those 10 mins.
- Take 1 cup powdered sugar in a bowl
- Add 1/2 Cup oil( I used canola Oil) in it and mix it properly from hand mixer.
- While mixing, add 1/2 cup of milk (Room Temp.)
- After mixing it, add 1/2 cup of fresh orange juice and mix it well.
Step 2: Batter Preparation- 2
- Now place a strainer above the bowl and pour 2 cup refined flour in it.
- Along with it, add 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Strain it well and mix it from spatula and hand mixer.
- Add milk to keep the thickness of the batter at a moderate level.
- At last add the supreme ingredient- 2tsp orange zest.
Step 3: Bake It
- Coat your baking tray or mould from oil and dust refined flour on it.
- Pour the batter in it and put it in your pre- heated oven.
BAKING TIME- 25- 30 MINS
TEMPERATURE- 180 Degrees
Step 4: Orange Zesty Syrup
- Meanwhile prepare your orange syrup , take a pan and add 100g sugar in it.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and 1 cup Orange juice in it.
- Again add the supreme ingredient - 2 tsp orange zest.
- Keep it on boiling temperature and let it boil for 5-7mins.
- Don't let it become thick in consistency, take it off while its on the light sugar syrup stage.
Step 5: Final Step
Take your cake loaf out from the oven and drizzle your orange sugar syrup on it.
Let it absorb the syrup for some time and keep it aside to cool down.
Ready To Eat !!
Take it out, cut in slices and have the zesty dessert piece .
Participated in the
Baking Speed Challenge