Introduction: Add a Pocket Clip to Your Maglite Solitaire
Attaching a pocket clip to your Maglite gives you another carry option, besides having it bump around your pocket/purse/keychain.
Step 1: You Will Need
16 gauge wire. less than 1 foot. (hardware store)
plumbers epoxy (hardware store either next to the copper pipes, or near the glues/tapes/sealants)
Step 2: Shape the Wire
bend the wire into a 'U', and pinch it into a tighter 'U' with some pliers
point the end of the 'U' up a bit- this provides a guide/catch/notch for your pocket
shape the rest of the wire, so it sits on the body of your light properly
wrap the wire around your light's body, and trim as necessary
Step 3: Secure the Wire
1) cut a portion of epoxy
2) work it through, so the colors mix up
3) secure the wire, and let the epoxy cure
4) I let the epoxy cure over night, it may only need a couple of hours
5) MAKE SURE YOU DON'T GET EPOXY ON THE BATTERY COMPARTMENT
or anywhere else that shouldn't be covered!
6) (I didn't but) you may wish to sand the epoxy/wire down with a sandpaper or a dremel took to make it look less clunky
12 years ago on Introduction
nice instructable, personally i use clips from pens and mechanical pencils and a small hose clamp that kinda works as an anti roll thing.