Author Options:

Looking for information on converting a TP 120 plug to a 3.5mm or 1/4" plug. Answered

I have a few military headsets (MSA Sordin type 75311).  These headsets come with a TP 120 plug that goes into various vehicle systems.  Ideally what I'm looking for is how to make a converter to convert these TP plugs to a mini 3.5 mm jack.  I've seen such a converter on Ebay so I know its possible.



6 years ago

Open up the headphones and use a meter to figure out what wire goes where. The base of the 3.5mm connector is ground, the center ring is the right and the tip is the left.


Answer 6 years ago

I'm actually looking to build an adapter for the tp-120 plug rather than rip the headsets apart. I think I've got it about figured out after doing a lot of scouring on the web over the last couple of days, but I need to find a source for U-92's(The female adapter for a tp-120 plug) that isn't insanely expensive.