Homeroom is a specialty Mac & Cheese restaurant opening soon in Oakland. Even better, they're running a mac and cheese recipe challenge! You don't have to be local to enter (or win), and the best recipes will be included in their upcoming cookbook. I suggest posting your mac'n'cheese Instructable, then sending along the link as your entry - we'd like to see what you've made, too!
Details from the Homeroom website:
The winning dish will be selected from a group of 10 finalists, who will be invited to show off their mac and cheese at cook-off party held right here in Oakland. But don’t worry out-of-towners, if we choose your recipe one of us will cook it up for you.
But there’s a catch.
For your recipe to qualify for the grand prize or for a spot in the cookbook, you must follow a few simple rules:
* You must use only California cheeses in your mac and cheese.
* All recipes must be based on 1 pound of dried pasta.
* The retail cost of all your ingredients must equal or be less than $20. This includes pasta, milk, butter, flour, cheeses and whichever veggies or meats you decide to include.
* Email your entries email@example.com no later October 15, 2010. Be sure to include your name, contact info, and a detailed recipe, including brand-names.
* Gluten-free and vegan recipes are welcome and encouraged!