I was looking at guns on Wikipedia and saw a pic of a revolver with a swing out cylinder.
I went straight to work and made the swing out cylinder, but I couldn't figure out how to make the rest of the gun and keep the cylinder from moving all over the place. I don't have a digital camera, but I can tell you how I made it.
1. Take a blue rod
2. Attach a dark grey connector on 1 end of the rod
3. Put 1 grey cylinder spacer on the rod, followed by 2 blue ring spacers
4. Put the blue rod through the hole of another dark grey connector
5. Put 2 more blue ring spacers on, followed by 1 more grey cylinder spacer and attach 1 more dark grey connector to the other end of the blue rod
6. Take 1 white rod and snap on 2 white snowflake connectors, then snap the rod into the dark grey connector in the middle of the blue rod (the dark grey connector should be in the middle of the 2 white snowflake connectors)
7. Take another white rod and attach a dark grey connector on 1 end of it, then slide the white rod through the hole of 1 of the dark grey connectors on the blue rod, then slide on another grey cylinder spacer and attach 1 yellow connector on top of the white rod
8. Do #7, but on the other side of the blue rod
9. For the handle, I took 3 green connectors and snapped them on to 1 white rod, then put 3 small green rods on the bottom of each green connector (Look below to find a little bit better explanation)
10. Take 3 yellow connectors and attach them to a white rod, then connect all 3 to the 3 green rods mentioned in #9
11. Take 3 more green connectors and attach them to a white rod and add 3 small green rods to the top of the 3 green connectors and attach them to the 3 yellow connectors in #10
1. A green connector has 4 places for 4 rods (I will call them teeth)
2. From left to right, it goes empty tooth, white rod, empty tooth, small green rod
3. A yellow connector has 5 teeth for 5 rods
4. From left to right, it goes small green rod (from the green connectors mentioned above), white rod, empty tooth, empty tooth, small green rod
5. Same as #2, but it goes small green rod (from the yellow connectors mentioned above), white rod, empty tooth, empty tooth
If anyone knows what I'm talking about and makes these pieces & has a digital camera, please take pics and show me so ppl can see what I'm talking about.
Also, if anyone finds out how to make the rest of the gun, please tell me and show me how you made it (but please don't take credit for my design of the cylinder & handle. If you mod/have to mod any of these 2 parts to make the rest of the gun, don't forget to credit me for the original design of the 2 parts).
Also, if anyone does make the gun, please post an instructable for it. I would love to see the gun that I almost got to make. So please tell me where to go to get the instructable I you decide to post it.
Also, the gun doesn't have to shoot anything.
Thanks to everyone that contributes.