Author Options:

Animatronic hand help! Is this the right tubing? Answered

The instructables member Tannatraad  made an instructable on how to make an animatronic hand. (https://www.instructables.com/id/Simple-Animatronics-robotic-hand/#step1) and it is made using the black wire encasing tubing found in cars. I bought some, but mine has a slit running down the whole side. The picture shows exactly what kind of tubing it is (ignore the clear tubing.) Is there a simple fix, or do i have to go out and buy the right kind of tubing, if what i have won't work. 



Best Answer 7 years ago

You can get your wire loom from http://www.cabletiesandmore.com/wireloom.php.
Really they can help you for making nice your car. So that you can check this link and get a important decision for you. Thanks.


7 years ago

Either glue the tube together or put heat shrink tubing over the outside and shrink on.


7 years ago

probably need to get the solid tubing...


7 years ago

Themajor13 said "Try an automotive store. I work for Napa and we have a bunch of that stuff for wiring cars. It's called wire loom. Make sure you don't get the split loom because it has a slit down the center."

I have the split version for easy insertion of wire bundles after the fact into 
the protective shroud and didn't even know that they were available as
un-split tubing.

So I read the 244 comments on the instructable you referred.