Author Options:

Anyone knows this piece's name? Looks like some sort of washer? Answered

I dissembled a lamp and found this piece, at first I thought it was a weird washer but I can't find it anywhere. I love it and I've been using as a mold in several crafts with clay. I want to know what's its name so I can buy more, so I will be extremely glad if anyone can tell me its name or where can I get it. You can see the front and back shoots.



Best Answer 9 years ago

From searching a couple of Web sites for "table lamp parts," my suspicion is that it's called a "seating ring." You'll need to do your own search (either Google or Google Images for "lamp seating ring") or hope someone else already has the part.


9 years ago

What you need to do is find what model of lamp it is, start by searching what it looks like or if it has a serial number, then search online store catalogs. Once you find the lamp, find the list of replacement parts you can order, and you should be able to figure out what it is, and either order from the company or ebay. That should work for you. Hope I helped!


Answer 9 years ago

Surely you helped! I sorry I took so long to answer. I tossed away the lamp but I'm going to look in lamp replacement sites. Thank you so much for the tip, I'm really sorry I can't choose you both as best answers :(