BEAM CAMP SEEKS SUMMER PROJECT DIRECTOR/WORKSHOP MANAGER Answered
Company: Beam Camp (http://www.beamcamp.com)
Position: Summer Project Director/Workshop Manager
Dates of Employment: 5/21/09 - 8/21/09
Location: Work from Home (5/21/09 - 6/21/09)
Strafford, NH (6/22/09 - 8/21/09)
Salary: $5,000 (food and boarding included 6/22/09-8/18/09)
ABOUT BEAM CAMP
Beam Camp is a 4-week summer program (July 18-August 16) for boys and girls aged 7-17 in Strafford, New Hampshire. Beam Campers cultivate hands-on skills while exploring innovative thinking, design and the creative process. They transform ideas into artifacts and personal achievement into community success. Each summer Beam commissions a unique large-scale collaborative endeavor that campers produce and enjoy. The Project can range from the conceptual to the structural. Teams of campers guided by the staff work on different aspects of the Project each morning.
- Position requires 4 weeks of planning work from home prior to 8 weeks of full time residence at summer camp in New Hampshire.
- Responsible for planning, supervising and facilitating daily, 3 hour program where up to 90 campers work on the construction of a commissioned project.
- Responsible for training, supervising and assigning counselor staff to implement program.
- Work closely with administrative staff to select, plan and budget annual project and establish a summer curriculum for project periods.
- Manage and supervise workshop facility for use by campers and staff.
- Assist in general maintenance and upkeep of camp during operational season.
Applicants should have proven experience with tools, crafts, building, and team leadership. Patience, flexibility, good humor and an interest in mentorship of kids and young adults are required.
Please email cover letter and resume to Brian Cohen at email@example.com