Battery still usable? Answered
So I had this old power pack my cousin gave me in perfect condition but it had been left for a long time uncharged. So I took the battery out and put it on my charger which automatically went into restoration mode and attempted to desulphate the battery which was sulphated. I did many cycles like this which worked and got it to hold a charge quite well but still not where I wanted it at so I took the main cover off and then the little rubber ones inside and topped it up with distilled water. But I forgot to dump out the excess water after I let the battery absorb it and just went ahead and put it on the charger. When I checked on it all the little rubber caps had blown off and it seemed to boiling inside. So should I scrap the battery or try to resurrect it?? I assume it was probably a lost cause from the start but I don't know if I can find a battery like it or not so Id like to save it.