Author Options:

Does any one know what this component is? - C521? Answered

It is found in a variable temperature controlled soldering iron without feedback. It is about the size of an 1/8w resistor. The marking on the side says C53 or C531 (it's a bit smudged). The component symbol looks a bit like the pic below.


The forums are retiring in 2021 and are now closed for new topics and comments.