138Views26Replies

Author Options:

Frustrated... Answered

I just can't seen to get a project started and completed in time anymore....and now I have missed another deadline...

Comments

The forums are retiring in 2021 and are now closed for new topics and comments.
0
Plasmana
Plasmana

12 years ago

I know how you feel, I missed two deadlines... And what is even more frustrating is, if I hold back my plasma speaker instructable a bit longer, I could of gotten 500 bucks... Oh well, times are hard...

0
Goodhart
Goodhart

Reply 12 years ago

Yeah, well I think I am going to put out a bunch of less intense ibles, some simple electronic tools and such, that can be made, and increase the difficulty and complexity and I become a little better with the soldering iron again (I may need new tips after all these years :-) I would like to make a completely non-electrical clock though.....if I have enough time.

0
Honus
Honus

12 years ago

I hear you- with three boys all under 5yrs old I pretty much don't start working on any projects until after 9pm. The latest contest was pretty difficult. I'm a jeweler so I was just slammed at work up until Christmas Eve and then I had relatives from out of town staying with us. I had a small window open after New Years and was up until 12:30 or 1:00am every night trying to finish my project, working out in the garage in sub freezing temps. I think I posted it with two minutes to spare, but then I found a bunch of mistakes in my drawings and to redo several of them and do some serious editing. I ended up doing all my drawings during lunchtime at work- just not enough hours in the day. I think I have around fifteen projects on my list that I still want to do.....

0
Goodhart
Goodhart

Reply 12 years ago

Oh my, and with Feb coming up, I am sure you will be busy then to :-) With me working this weird second shift, and attending to the wife while I am at home, I find that if I had any children in my present state of affairs, I would probably melt down or explode :-)

0
jessyratfink
jessyratfink

12 years ago

I know how you feel. I'm having an awful time of it lately. The end of the semester really messed me up and now the winter blues and health worries have set in. Blah! I'm ready for spring. :P

0
Goodhart
Goodhart

Reply 12 years ago

And now, I have apparently messed up the third electronics project in a row.....(either my fading eyesight is wreaking havoc on reading the resistor color bars (not to mention slight color blindness), or I have just gone dumb on electronics suddenly *sigh*

0
gmjhowe
gmjhowe

12 years ago

I suggest saving it for next time? Big Ibles are hard to do, and get out in time, the more complex the project, the more things there are to take longer.

0
Goodhart
Goodhart

Reply 12 years ago

I had already started writing it up. But it is the published date they go by, right?

0
gmjhowe
gmjhowe

Reply 12 years ago

yeah, sorry, i suggest cutting back on your long list of web sites. thats how i make room for all my projects! BTW, what is it?

0
Goodhart
Goodhart

Reply 12 years ago

Long list of web sites? I normally come here, and um, from work, I sometimes visit FaceBook to keep in contact with a few old friends (but I don't spend a lot of time in there)....it is rare that I go anywhere else. From home I don't normally have, what I would call, quality time to finish a project. I don't like spending 5 minutes here, 3 there, and each time trying to remember where I stopped, etc. unless it is a big project that takes more than a day. So, the 3 minutes here and there, I normally just come in here :-) What it that in the picture? That is an old project, my Radio Shack Voice recorder Hack I published here. I didn't consider it "contest worthy" because I didn't really make it look very nice (although it works like a charm).

0
gmjhowe
gmjhowe

Reply 12 years ago

Need to work on your finishing skills? making something look that bit nicer.

0
Goodhart
Goodhart

Reply 12 years ago

Yeah, I have about a 99% chance of converting an electrical schematic into a working circuit, and about a 1% chance that it will
#1: fit in the box originally set up for it,
#2: not look like someone did this in school (in the 3rd grade)

Most of the time, if I have to do a LOT of major alterations to the physical container it is in, it doesn't turn out very pretty. This is partly due to the fact that I don't have a lot of resources when it comes to the necessary tools, and those I do have, are hard to get to (because of the walls of stuff my wife has built in various rooms of the house).

0
KentsOkay
KentsOkay

12 years ago

You have my sympathy... I totally missed the deadline for the holiday treats contest. Now my poor grilled pineapple must languish in the netherworld of unvisited ibles...

0
Goodhart
Goodhart

Reply 12 years ago

Well, I continue to slowly get out minor -ibles that are helpful to some, anyways if more than 2-3 people ever see them :-)

0
LinuxH4x0r
LinuxH4x0r

12 years ago

I know exactly how you feel...

0
Goodhart
Goodhart

Reply 12 years ago

I have let about 5 pass me by without being able to get done what I wanted....*sigh*

0
LinuxH4x0r
LinuxH4x0r

Reply 12 years ago

I get so bogged down between school and remodeling my house

0
Goodhart
Goodhart

Reply 12 years ago

This past time though, I didn't get a part until the last moment, the day "after" my weekend, and then I couldn't work on it during the week, and well, here I am. :-\

0
11010010110
11010010110

12 years ago

i wanted to make something for the light up your ride (240 V sodium floodlight) and missed the deadline in few hours and guess what its still in my unsubmitted cause i found huge amount of design flaws and skipped stuff in it i think we should never forget that fun and the instructables themselfes are the real thing the community will appreciate them no less if you post them outside of a contest. and maybe they will improve if you review them now without rush 'keep on trying and then try some more !'

0
Goodhart
Goodhart

Reply 12 years ago

Oh I do post outside of contests mostly

I just put up a little one on fixing a sprung auto-rewind tape measure mechanism.

0
Goodhart
Goodhart

Reply 12 years ago

Dec 14th

0
Keith-Kid
Keith-Kid

12 years ago

Aw, cheer up. Look at it this way, I've never entered a contest!

0
Goodhart
Goodhart

Reply 12 years ago

Yes, but I have such a drive to do something decent and noteworthy.....it is just my inability to find the time.....and still cater to the wife :-)

0
Keith-Kid
Keith-Kid

Reply 12 years ago

Awww.....