How to make a large cage for big SNAKES? Answered
Hi, any of you clever guys has a bit of an advanced DIY knowledge of large vivarium building?
I am looking for a but of inspiration/tech tips but if anybody loves a challenge, this is what I will be building.
Its for my anacondas and it will need to have these specifications:
- to hold humidity in/ have waterproof surface on the inside - definitely for the floor
- to hold heat in (any ideas of non-toxic heat insulating/reflecting material that is not too thick?)
- be fairly light for the purpose of ocassional moving
- it needs to be designed with possibility of dismantling for moving in mind, using screws and similar rather than glue etc
- to use as much of environmentally friendly materials as possible (ie solvent free etc)
- glass doors at the front, all the other sides dont need to be see-through
- economical to build
- required dimensions: 31 cm tall x 47 cm wide x 204 cm long (front side with the 2 glass doors on hinges, with a partition in the middle 10 or more cm wide)
I would be open to innovative materials/ approaches, the main criteria are re-assembly, reasonably low cost and non-toxicity
Thanks to everybody for your ideas!
In the photo you can see the right half of their present vivarium made of marine plywood. The cage dimensions are (in cm) 61 x 63 x 216.