I had a SQL that got destroyed by someone re-initializing the disks on a RAID array and destroying the data. Answered
I have managed to restore the DB from a very old backup, and I tried replacing the MDF and LDF files with the ones that I recovered from a backup. The problem is that the new MDF and LDF files were not detached in the copy that I have, so when I start up the SQL server EM shows the DB as Loading/Suspect. I have tried restoring the database using sp_attach_db, sp_attach_single_file_db. I get the error The log for database DBName is corrupt' when I use sp_attach_db, and when I use sp_attach_single_file_db I get the error 'Database 'DBName' cannot be opened because some of the files could not be activated'