Instructables Maker Buddy Instagram Sweepstakes Answered
We're hosting our first-ever Instagram Sweepstakes!
This is your chance to win a phone video gimbal for you and a buddy! This nifty gimbal is great for boosting your storytelling for Instructables posts and Instagram stories! (Sorry folks, limited to the US only)
Unlock your inner vlogger and head to our Instagram page for Instructions on how to enter:
Official Rules Below
Instructables Maker Buddy Sweepstakes Official Rules
(the “Official Rules”)
PLEASE REVIEW THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
ENTRANTS WHO ARE MINORS: YOU MUST OBTAIN THE CONSENT OF YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN BEFORE ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND PARTICIPATE UNDER THEIR SUPERVISION.
- Sweepstakes Description: Comment on the Instructables Maker Buddy Sweepstakes Instagram post, tag a friend who you think would also love the Prize and add the tag #InstructablesSweepstakes, and you will be entered into a random drawing to receive the prizes described below, all as further described in these Official Rules.
- General Conditions: The Instructables Maker Buddy Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Autodesk, Inc. (the “Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes will start on [December 13, 2019 at 12:00 AM (PT)] (“Start Date”) and end on [December 16 2019 at 11:59 PM(PT)] (the “Entry Period”). Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, sweepstakes, or contest. The distribution of the prize(s) will be at the sole determination of the Sponsor to the individual(s) deemed the winner(s) of the Sweepstakes by the Sponsor in accordance with these Official Rules.
- Acceptance of the Official Rules; Site Policies; Laws: By entering the Sweepstakes, those who enter the Sweepstakes (each, an “Entrant”) unconditionally accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding in all respects. The Sweepstakes shall be governed by these Official Rules and is subject to applicable federal, state, and local statutes, rules, regulations, and other laws (each a “Law”). The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. The collection, use, and disclosure of information obtained online from Entrants in the Sweepstakes is governed by Sponsor's Privacy Statement, which may be viewed at https://www.autodesk.com/company/legal-notices-trademarks/privacy-statement, and other policies applicable to and available for review on the Instructables website at https://www.instructables.com/ (the “Instructables Site”) (collectively, the “Policies”). In the event there is an inconsistency between any of the Policies or any Sweepstakes promotional materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules will prevail and govern.
- Eligibility: Entrants must be natural persons age 13 or older who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Canada (excluding Quebec) at the time of entry. If on the Start Date you are a “minor,” meaning that you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you must obtain permission from your parent or legal guardian, and your parent or legal guardian must consent to be bound by these Official Rules as if he or she were an entrant, before you submit an entry. Sponsor reserves the right to require minors to submit proof of parental/guardian permission and consent to these Official Rules at any time, without which they may be immediately disqualified from the Sweepstakes. In addition, Sponsor, its affiliated organizations, advertising and promotion agencies, the prize providers, any other company or organization involved with the design, sponsorship, or operation of the Sweepstakes, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Sponsor Parties”), and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are NOT eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. “Immediate family members” shall mean a person’s spouse and a person’s and their spouse’s parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, and step-siblings, and each of their respective spouses. “Household members” shall mean those people who share the same residence, whether or not related. Participation in the Sweepstakes is voluntary, and is not intended to, and shall not be deemed to create, any employment, agency, partnership, joint venture, franchise, fiduciary, or similar relationship between Sponsor and any Entrant.
- How to Enter: Only persons who meet the eligibility criteria stated in Section 4 above should enter the Sweepstakes, and only those persons will be eligible for the chance to win a prize. No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win the Sweepstakes. A complete entry will include, any information required in these Rules. All entries must be received by the end of the Entry Period. Incomplete, unreadable, late, or unintelligible entries are void and will be disqualified. In order to win, Entrants residing in Canada also will be required to answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered via telephone. Limit of one (1) entry per Entrant during the Entry Period. In case of multiple entries received from any person, email address, or social media account, only the first entry received from such person, email address, or social media account will be considered. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of an Entrant, the entry will be deemed to be made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the email or social media account used at the time of entry provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the applicable internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the account. An Entrant may not use multiple email or social media accounts to enter, and if an Entrant does so, all of such Entrant’s entries may be disqualified.
To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Entry Period you must comment on the Maker Buddy Sweepstakes post made by Instructables on the Start Date to the Instructables Instagram page, tag a friend who you think would also love the Prize and add the tag #InstructablesSweepstakes, and you will be entered into a random drawing to receive the prizes described below. THE PERSON TAGGED IN YOUR ENTRY WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE BASED ON YOUR ENTRY, BUT THEY MAY CHOOSE TO SEPARATELY ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES BY SUBMITTING THEIR OWN ENTRY.
For clarity, completion of one of the tasks as directed above does NOT entitle Entrants to a prize, but entitles eligible Entrants to enter a random drawing for a chance to win a prize.
- Winner Selection; Odds of Winning: On or around December 18 2019, at Sponsor’s offices, Sponsor will randomly select from the pool of eligible Entrants one (1) Sweepstakes winner(s) (the “Winner”). The odds of winning the prize depend on the total number of eligible Entrants who enter the Sweepstakes.
- Prize: The total estimated retail value of all of the prizes to be awarded in the Sweepstakes is $262. One (1) Winner will be awarded the following prizes with the following estimated retail value. The Winner may choose to keep both prize packs or share one with a friend:
Prize Pack #1 (Estimated Retail Value: USD$131)
- EVO Shift Hand held 3axis gimbal
- Instructables T-Shirt
- Instructables Notebook
- Instructables Pin
Prize Pack #2 (Estimated Retail Value: USD$131)
- EVO Shift Hand held 3axis gimbal
- Instructables T-Shirt
- Instructables Notebook
- Instructables Pin
Evo Gimbals is not a sponsor of, and is not affiliated with, the Sweepstakes.
The prize(s) may include one or more gift cards, gift certificates, stored-value cards, similar cards or certificates (whether in physical, electronic, or other form), or other items or services, which may be redeemed or received only at or through participating retailers or other locations. Each Entrant acknowledges that acceptance and use of any such prize are subject to all eligibility criteria, expiration dates, service or dormancy fees, use restrictions, and all other terms and conditions (if any) imposed by the issuer or provider of any such prize. Neither Sponsor nor any of its parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates is the issuer or provider of any such prize, and none of them are responsible for establishing those terms and conditions, for disclosing or explaining any of those terms and conditions to the Entrants, or for any Winner’s failure to comply with any of them. If a Winner does not comply with all of those terms and conditions, or if a Winner does not have access to a participating location, such Winner may not be able to obtain the maximum value, or any value, from his or her prize.
- General Prize Conditions: All details and other restrictions of the prize(s) not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. No prize is exchangeable, assignable, redeemable for cash or otherwise transferable, except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute for any prize one or more items or services of equal or greater estimated retail value. The value of each prize may be taxable to each Winner as income. If required, an IRS Form 1099 will be issued by Sponsor in the name of each Winner for the value of the prize(s) received. Each Winner is solely responsible for complying with any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, local, or other statutes, regulations, rules, or other laws of any jurisdiction and for bearing any personal income taxes (including reporting consequences thereof), VAT, customs duties, withholding taxes, or other taxes, fees, insurance, surcharges, or other costs relating to the applicable prize(s) and for any other liabilities incurred in connection with any prize. THE PRIZE IS AWARDED BY SPONSOR “AS IS.” THE SPONSOR PARTIES DO NOT MAKE AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT) WITH REGARD TO THE SWEEPSTAKES, PRIZE OR ANY PORTION(S) THEREOF.
- Winner Notification and Prize Claim: Within five (5) working days after the drawing, each Winner will be notified via Instagram message to the Instagram account provided in his or her Sweepstakes entry (a “Prize Notification”). Sponsor shall have no liability for any Prize Notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by the potential winner for any reason. In order to claim a prize, each Winner may be required to provide his or her full permanent mailing address information and social security number or tax identification number for purposes of compliance with tax regulations. Upon Sponsor’s request, each Winner must also sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility, and/or a publicity release. If a potential winner does not respond within forty-eight (48) hours of the Prize Notification (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), if the prize(s) or Prize Notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, if a potential winner fails to comply with any of the verification or release requirements identified in this Section within fourteen (14) days of request, or if the potential winner is found to be ineligible, has not complied with these Official Rules, or declines the prize(s) for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and forfeit his or her prize, and an alternate Winner may be selected by the Sponsor from the pool of remaining eligible Entrants. Sponsor may successively attempt to contact up to five (5) potential winners in accordance with such procedure, and if there is still no confirmed winner of a prize after such attempts have been made, Sponsor may announce an alternate means for awarding that prize. The Winner must take possession of the applicable prize in the manner directed by Sponsor. Failure by the Winner to comply with any of the foregoing may result in disqualification. It is the sole responsibility of Entrants to notify Sponsor of any changes in name or contact information. In the case of a minor, Sponsor may award the prize to such minor’s named parent or legal guardian.
- Representations: By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant represents to Sponsor that: (i) the Entrant meets all eligibility requirements of the Sweepstakes; and (ii) Entrant understands and agrees that he or she shall not become, through participation in the Sweepstakes, an employee, agent, partner, joint venture, franchisee, or fiduciary of Sponsor.
- Release of Liability: To the maximum extent permitted by law, by entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that neither the Sponsor Parties, nor any prize manufacturer or provider, nor any advertising or social media platform, such as Facebook or Twitter, on which the Sweepstakes may be advertised or through which it is accessed, is responsible for and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, each Entrant releases and holds harmless the Sponsor Parties, each such prize manufacturer or provider, and each such advertising or social media platform, from any and all responsibility, liability, claims, injuries, damages (including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, statutory, or other damages), losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property) arising out of or resulting from: (i) any violation by such Entrant of these Official Rules, the Policies, or applicable law; (ii) Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes; (iii) Entrant’s acceptance, possession, receipt, and/or use of any prize (or any portion of any prize) or the sharing or gifting of any prize with any other person; (iv) any printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes materials; (v) any problems or technical malfunctions (errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, failure to capture information or delays in operation or transmission) whether caused by Entrant, printing errors, human error or by any computer, telephone, modem, satellite, online system, server, or other communications equipment or provider associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, including any incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, or garbled information resulting therefrom; (vi) any damage to Entrant’s equipment (such as a computer system or mobile device) caused by accessing the Instructables Site or participating in the Sweepstakes; (vii) miscommunications, or any failed, jumbled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone, cable, or other transmissions; (viii) any entry, e-mail, prize package or other material or correspondence that has been tampered with or that is stolen, misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, non-conforming, ineligible, or damaged; (ix) any failure of any postal or delivery service; (x) any other technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes; or (xi) any events beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ANY OTHER SPONSOR PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, ANY PRIZE, OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH SPONSOR PARTY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED.
- Disqualification: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, (i) has tampered with the participation process, the operation of the Sweepstakes, or affiliated websites; (ii) has acted in an unsporting or disruptive manner, to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass another person; or (iii) is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules, the Policies, or any applicable Laws. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by Law.
- Termination/Modification: Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes at any time for any reason, including without limitation in the event of fraud or abuse, or due to natural disaster; equipment failure; civil disturbance; fraud; technical, administrative, financial, or other difficulties; technical problems (such as a computer virus/ bug); unauthorized intervention that corrupts the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes; or other causes not within the control of the Sponsor. In addition, if, in the exclusive judgment of Sponsor, the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) becomes compromised in any way, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel any method of entry, to void any entries submitted fraudulently, and/or to select winners from among all non-suspect eligible entries received prior to act that compromised the promotion. Should the Sweepstakes ever be terminated before the drawing, notice will be given on the Instructables Instagram page, and Sponsor will make alternative arrangements to award the prizes. Any such changes will become effective upon notice via online posting on the Instructables Instagram page or other means of wide dissemination.
- Use of Winner’s Information: All personal information collected by Sponsor (including without limitation, an Entrant’s name, biographical data, and city and state of residence) may be used for by Sponsor, or any third party chosen by Sponsor, of any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including any personal information obtained through the Sweepstakes, for Sweepstakes administration, and other purposes, except to the extent prohibited by law. Without limiting the foregoing, by entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant grants to Sponsor and each of its respective designees the right to use and publish the Entrant’s name, and state of residence, along with any other information provided by Entrant, both electronically (for example, on the Internet) and in print, in connection with the Sweepstakes at any time, except to the extent prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, the Winner acknowledges and grants to Sponsor and each of its respective designees, without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, the right to publicize his or her name, address (city and state of residence), likeness, photograph, voice, company name, and biographical material in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, except to the extent prohibited by law. Other than as set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor will treat any personal information supplied in connection with the Sweepstakes in accordance with the Policies. Please refer to the Policies for important information regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information by Sponsor.
- License Grant: Any data or information included in entries must not infringe the intellectual property, industrial property, privacy, publicity, or other rights of any third party, and must be suitable for publication to a general audience (i.e. it may not be obscene, indecent, defamatory, hateful, or inappropriate, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion). By submitting an entry, each Entrant irrevocably grants Sponsor and its designees the unconditional, irrevocable, and perpetual right and permission, royalty-free, to use any data, information, images, content, or materials included in such entry, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world for any purpose. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned data, information, images, content, or materials, but may do so and may edit them in Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation, credit, or compensation. Each Entrant waives all intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsor’s use of the entry or exercise of any rights granted to Sponsor, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor Parties with respect to such use.
- Interpretation: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, such provision will be modified by such court to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable while preserving to the maximum extent possible the original intent of Sponsor, and the remaining parts of these Official Rules will remain in full force and effect. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, each Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Official Rules, this Sweepstakes, or any prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state courts located in Marin County, California and each Entrant irrevocably waives any objection to the venue and jurisdiction of such courts; (ii) any and all claims made by Entrant, and any and all judgments and awards in favor of Entrant, shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All disputes concerning the Sweepstakes, the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of each Entrant and Sponsor in connection with these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the Laws of the State of California and applicable United States federal law, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the Laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
- No Endorsement: Nothing contained in these Official Rules or in any of the Sweepstakes materials should be construed as an endorsement by Sponsor of any third party, product, or service. Prize suppliers are not sponsors of the Sweepstakes.
- Social Media: The Sweepstakes may be advertised on or accessed through one or more social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. However, the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, any such platforms. When entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants are providing information to Sponsor and not to such platforms. Entrants agree to comply with all terms and policies governing such platforms in connection with the Sweepstakes.
- Questions/Winner’s List/Official Rules: The name of the Winner will be posted on a post on the Instructables Instagram page or a dedicated page of the Instructables Site on or after December 18, 2019. The name of the Winner also may be obtained after that date by mailing a written request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, (Vermont residents may omit the return postage) to:
Winner’s List – Instructables Maker Buddy Sweepstakes
111 McInnis Parkway
San Rafael, CA 94903
All such requests must be received no later than six (6) months after the end of the Entry Period.
Questions regarding the Sweepstakes may be directed to Sponsor at: email@example.com or (310) 396-1167
These Official Rules will be posted on the Instructables Site during the Entry Period and for six (6) weeks thereafter.
- Intellectual Property: AUTODESK, and Instructables are trademarks or registered trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. Other brands may be the trademarks of their respective owners. These Official Rules, the Instructables Site, and all other Sweepstakes-related materials and code may be protected by Sponsor’s or third-party copyrights or other rights. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks, or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of the owner is strictly prohibited.