Official Rules, Scoochmaroo Challenge: Pies Answered
PLEASE REVIEW THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THE CONTEST. ENTRANTS WHO ARE MINORS: YOU MUST OBTAIN THE CONSENT OF YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN BEFORE ENTERING THE CONTEST. ENTRY TO THE CONTEST IS FREE AND NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PAYMENT OR PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
SECTION A - SPECIFIC TERMS FOR THIS CONTEST
- Sponsor. The Instructables Scoochmaroo Challenge: Pies (the "Contest") is a skill-based contest sponsored by Instructables, Inc., a Delaware corporation ("Sponsor"), in connection with the Instructables.com website (the "Sponsor Site"). The Contest is co-sponsored by the company or companies listed here, if any (each, a "Co-Sponsor"): none. The Contest is governed by these Official Rules (these "Rules").
- Overview. The object of the Contest is to Share a recipe for pie.
- Eligibility. 1.THE CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO NATURAL PERSONS WHO, AT THE TIME OF ENTRY, ARE REGISTERED MEMBERS OF THE SPONSOR SITE, WHO ARE AT LEAST THIRTEEN (13) YEARS OLD, AND ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (INCLUDING THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA BUT EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO), CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, CANADA), UNITED KINGDOM, OR AUSTRALIA. 1.If you are a minor, meaning that you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction (currently 18 or 19 in most U.S. states and provinces of Canada and Australia, and, for the UK, 16 in Scotland and 18 in most other parts of the United Kingdom), you must obtain permission from your parent or legal guardian, and your parent or legal guardian must consent to these Rules as if he or she were an entrant, before you submit an entry. Sponsor reserves the right to require minors to submit proof of parental/guardian permission and consent to these Rules at any time, without which they may be immediately disqualified from the Contest. Certain individuals are excluded from eligibility to enter or win, as described in Section B below. No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest.
- Deadline. The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (PT)/8AM GMT on November 21, 2011 (the "Start Date"). Entries for the Contest must be received by Sponsor by 11:59 p.m. PT on November 27, 2011 /7:59am GMT on November 28, 2011 (the "Deadline").
- How to Enter. All entries must comply with the entry requirements identified in these Rules (including in this Section and in Section B below), as well as with any specific formatting or content requirements identified in Section A.2 above or on the "How to Enter" page https://www.instructables.com/id/Scoochmaroo-Challenge-Pies/ for the Contest on the Sponsor Site. It is each entrant's responsibility to ensure compliance with those requirements.
To enter a new project in the Contest, follow these steps:
- First document your project in the step-by-step or photo,Instructables format.
- When your project is ready to be published to the Sponsor Site, visit the Sponsor Site and follow the instructions for publishing your project to the Sponsor Site. You must be a registered user of the Sponsor Site in order to publish a project to the Sponsor Site. If you are not already a registered user of the Sponsor Site, you will be prompted to create an account on the Sponsor Site during the publication process. Please note: in some jurisdictions, the publication of your project on the Sponsor Site could materially affect rights (e.g., adversely affect patent rights), you may own in the project. You should make your own inquiries and seek your own advice on this issue.
- When you have published your project to the Sponsor Site, if you have reviewed the entry requirements for the Contest, believe your project qualifies for entry, and want to enter it in the Contest, leave a comment on the Contest page, and include a link to your published Instructable. Instructable must be published during the Contest period.
- You may not enter the same Instructables project in more than three (3) Instructables contests in total.
- Projects published prior to the Start Date are not eligible for entry. You may not register the same Instructables project in more than three (3) Instructables contests in total. Further information about entry can be found in Section B below.
- To enter a new project in the Contest, follow these steps:
- Winner Selection. There can be up to 11 possible winning entries, depending on the number of eligible entries. The winning entries will be selected on or around November 28, 2011, and Sponsor will announce the winner(s) on or around November 28, 2011. There must be a minimum of the number of eligible entrants described for each tier listed below for it to be awarded. Each winner will be awarded only the applicable prize according to the following:
- Tier #1: If there are at least 1 but no more than 4 eligible entries, the winner will be awarded a 1-year Instructables Pro membership. Approximate retail value: $24, £ 15.51; or
- Tier #2: If there are at least 5 but no more than 9 eligible entries, the winner will be awarded a prize package including a 1-year Instructables Pro membership, and a Sugru sample pack. Approximate retail value: $50, £ 32.31; or
- Tier #3: If there are at least 10 but no more than 24 entries, the winner will be awarded a prize package including a digital scale 1-year Instructables Pro membership, a Sugru sample pack, and an Instructables robot apron. Approximate retail value: $105, £ 67.86. The entrants with the next 3 highest judges’ scores will each be awarded a prize package including a 1-year Instructables Pro membership, a Sugru sample pack, and an Instructables robot apron. Approximate retail value of each prize package: $65, £ 42; or or
- Tier #4: If there are at least 25 but no more than 49 entries, the entrant with the highest judges’ score will be awarded a prize package including a Cuisinart 7-cup Food Processor , a 1-year Instructables Pro membership, a Sugru sample pack, and an Instructables robot apron. Approximate retail value: $165, £ 106.64. The entrants with the next 5 highest judges’ scores will each be awarded a prize package including a 1-year Instructables Pro membership, a Sugru sample pack, and an Instructables robot apron. Approximate retail value of each prize package: $65, £ 42; or
- Tier #5: If there are at least 50 but no more than 99 entries, the entrant with the highest judges’ score will be awarded a prize package including a Kitchenaid 5-quart Mixer, a 1-year Instructables Pro membership, a Sugru sample pack, and an Instructables robot apron. Approximate retail value: $315, £ 196.11. The entrants with the next 10 highest judges’ scores will each be awarded a prize package including a 1-year Instructables Pro membership, a Sugru sample pack, and an Instructables robot t-shirt. Approximate retail value of each prize package: $65, £ 42; or
- Tier #6: If there are 100 or more eligible entries, the entrant with the highest judges’ score will be awarded a prize package including an iPad 2, a 1-year Instructables Pro membership, a Sugru sample pack, and an Instructables robot apron. Approximate retail value: $565, £ 365.15. The entrants with the next 20 highest judges’ scores will each be awarded a prize package including a 1-year Instructables Pro membership, a Sugru sample pack, and an Instructables robot t-shirt. Approximate retail value of each prize package: $65, £ 42.
- With respect to any prizes that include any gift cards, pre-paid debit cards, similar cards, or any other items or services that are subject to third party terms and conditions or restrictions, acceptance and use of the prizes are subject to all eligibility criteria, expiration dates, service or dormancy fees, and all other terms and conditions (if any) imposed by the issuer of such cards, items or services. Neither Sponsor, nor any Co-Sponsor, nor any of their affiliates is the issuer of any such cards, items or services, and none of them are responsible for establishing those terms and conditions, for disclosing or explaining any of those terms and conditions to entrants, or for any winner's failure to comply with any of them. If a winner does not comply with all of those terms and conditions, the winner may not be able to obtain the maximum value, or any value, from his or her prize.
- Judging. 1.Entries will be judged on the basis of the following criteria (the "Criteria"): relevance, originality, usefulness, simplicity, and clarity of instructions, each of which will be given equal weight. Entrants will be judged by the contest manager. Further information on the steps and process of voting and judging can be found in Section B below.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received between the Start Date and the Deadline and the quality of each entry as evaluated by the Judge in the manner described above. The number of entries received, and the number of winners chosen, in prior contests of Sponsor, including the three (3) most recently completed contests, can be found through the "Contests" page of the Sponsor Site, which can be found here instructables.com/contest. The number of eligible entries for Sponsor's recently completed contests generally has ranged from approximately two (2) to approximately eighty-three (83), and generally has averaged approximately forty (40), but Sponsor cannot predict or guarantee any specific number of eligible entries for the Contest.
SECTION B - ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR THIS CONTEST
- Exclusions from Eligibility. Employees of Sponsor, any Co-Sponsor, or their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, suppliers, or advertising or promotional agencies (including without limitation any Judges who are employees of Sponsor, any Co-Sponsor or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates), as well as members of their households or their immediate families, may submit entries in the Contest, but any such entries are for information and entertainment purposes only and are not eligible to be considered for the purpose of selecting finalists or winners. Judges who are not employees of Sponsor, any Co-Sponsor or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates, are not eligible to enter or win, nor are members of their households or their immediate families.
- Each entry must be entirely the original work of the persons identified in the entry;
- If persons other than the entrant have contributed to an entry, the entrant must have the permission from each contributor prior to submitting the entry;
- Entries must not have been published prior to the Start Date;
- Entries must not have been entered in more than two other previous contests of Sponsor;
- Entries must not contain anything that is or may be: (i) threatening, harassing, degrading or hateful; (ii) defamatory; (iii) fraudulent or tortious; (iv) obscene, indecent or otherwise objectionable; or (v) protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express prior consent of the owner of such right; and
- Entries must not contain any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability or that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense.
- Judging Process. The winner(s) will be determined by the Judges, who will apply the Criteria to evaluate entries. The entries with the highest score(s) will be selected as the winner(s), and the number and type of winners will be as identified in Section A above. The Judges have the right to disqualify any entry that is not in compliance with these Rules, in the Judges' discretion. In the event that a winning entry is disqualified, the next-highest scoring entry will be selected as the alternate winner. In the event that one or more of the identified Judges is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Judges of comparable qualification, to be determined by Sponsor in its discretion.
- Prize Terms All values are stated in United States dollars or British Pound Sterling as indicated. If a stated prize is unavailable, Sponsor has the right to substitute one or more items of equal or greater value, in its discretion. No prize is exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash. The winner(s) will be solely responsible for complying with any and all applicable statutes, laws (including, without limitation, common law), rules and regulations and for bearing any personal income, VAT, withholding taxes, customs duties, or other taxes, fees, insurance, surcharges or other costs relating to any prize. THE PRIZE(S) WILL BE GIVEN AWAY BY SPONSOR AND ANY CO-SPONSOR(S) "AS IS." SPONSOR AND ANY CO-SPONSORS DO NOT MAKE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM, ANY WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR PORTION THEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, CONSUMER GUARANTEES AND SIMILAR RIGHTS, IN WHICH CASE SUCH EXCLUSION SHALL APPLY ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN THE RELEVANT JURISDICTION. WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, IN RELATION TO THE PRIZES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE, LAW (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMMON LAW), RULE, REGULATION OR OTHERWISE, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED.
- Announcement; Award of Prize(s). 1. The winner(s) will be notified by e-mail within seven (7) days of selection. The winner(s) (and, if a winner is a minor, the winner's parent or legal guardian) may be required to sign a declaration of eligibility and/or publicity and/or liability release form, to the extent not prohibited by law, prior to receipt of a prize. The winner(s) must take possession of the prize(s) as directed by Sponsor. The winner(s) may be required to provide Sponsor with a social security or taxpayer identification number for tax purposes. The winner(s) also may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he or she is the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. An "Authorized Account Holder" is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses to the domain associated with an e-mail address. In the event of a dispute, an entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Failure to respond to a winner announcement, or return any required declarations or releases within seven (7) days (or any longer time specified by Sponsor) or to comply with any of the foregoing may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. It is Sponsor's policy to assist government employees in meeting their obligations under their Standards of Ethical Conduct; any prize(s) won in violation of those Standards should not be accepted and should be returned at Sponsor's expense or destroyed.
- Representations. 1.By entering the Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that: (a) the entrant meets all eligibility requirements of the Contest; (b) in entering and participating in the Contest, the entrant has complied and will comply in all respects with these Rules and all applicable statutes, laws (including, without limitation, common law), rules and regulations; and (c) the information provided in the entrant's entry, including without limitation all contact information, is true, accurate, and complete in all respects.
- Assumption of Risk. By taking any action to create an entry for the Contest, each entrant, on his or her own behalf and on behalf of his or her personal representatives, heirs, executors, and assigns, acknowledges and agrees that: (a) THERE MAY BE DANGER AND RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE INVOLVED IN CREATING AN ENTRY; (b) THESE RISKS AND DANGERS MAY ARISE FROM FORESEEABLE OR UNFORESEEABLE CAUSES; (c) SUCH ENTRANT AND HIS OR HER PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, HEIRS, EXECUTORS, AND ASSIGNS ASSUME ALL RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER LOSS ARISING OUT OF THE CREATION OF ANY ENTRY, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER CAUSE; and (d) such entrant and his or her personal representatives, heirs, executors, and assigns are relinquishing any and all rights he, she, or they now have or may have in the future to sue or take any other action against Sponsor, any Co-Sponsor, the prize manufacturers, any other entities involved in the administration of the Contest, each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (the “Sponsor Parties”) on the basis of any injury, death, damage, or other loss that may be suffered arising from any action taken in the creation of any entry, including but not limited to claims based on allegations of negligence by any of the Sponsor Parties.
- Release. To the maximum extent permitted by law, by entering the Contest, each entrant releases and holds harmless the Sponsor Parties from any and all responsibility, liability, damages (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, statutory, and other damages), losses, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to: (a) entry or participation in the Contest, including but not limited to disputes among individuals claiming to have contributed to any winning entry; (b) any violation by the entrant of these Rules, the Policies, or applicable laws; (c) misappropriation, infringement, or other violation of any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of publicity, privacy, or other legal or contractual right of any person attributable to entrant or any entry submitted by entrant; (d) the acceptance, possession, receipt, or use of any prize or any item purchased with any prize (e.g., if the prize includes a gift card); (e) any entries or votes that have been tampered with or that are misdirected, incomplete, non-conforming, corrupt, lost, late, or ineligible; (f) any problems or technical malfunctions (including but not limited to errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operation or transmission) of any computer, telephone, modem, cable, satellite, network, hardware, online system, server, software, or other equipment or provider, including any incorrect, incomplete, garbled or jumbled information resulting therefrom; (g) any Internet traffic congestion or website accessibility or delays; (h) printing or typographical errors in any Contest-related materials; or (i) any other technical or human error that may occur in connection with the Contest (the “Causes”). If anyone makes any claim against any of the Sponsor Parties arising out of or relating to any of the Causes attributable to the entrant, the entrant will pay for any damages, losses, liabilities, costs, penalties, and expenses, including without limitation attorneys’ and experts’ fees and costs, incurred in connection with such claim. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE SPONSOR PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING IN STATUTE, TORT, CONTRACT, OTHER LEGAL THEORY OR OTHERWISE, AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES AND OTHER LIABILITY (INCLUDING INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) IN WHICH CASE SUCH LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION SHALL APPLY ONLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RULE, STATUTE OR REGULATION IN THE RELEVANT JURISDICTION. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS EXCLUDE LIABILITY FOR FRAUD, OR FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT SUCH EXCLUSION IS PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- Misconduct. Sponsor reserves the right, in its discretion, to disqualify any entrant who: (a) tampers with the entry or voting process, the operation of the Contest, the Sponsor Site, or affiliated websites; (b) acts in an unsporting or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy or harass another person; (c) is otherwise in violation of these Rules, the Policies, or any applicable laws; or (d) attempts to subvert the letter and/or spirit of these Rules. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Termination. 1.Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, modify, or terminate the Contest at any time for any reason, in its discretion, including without limitation in the event of fraud, abuse, tampering, technical, administrative, financial, or other difficulties. In such cases, Sponsor will post a notice on the Contest page of the Sponsor Site. Should the Contest terminate prior to selection of the winner, Sponsor will announce an alternate means of awarding the prize on the Contest page of the Sponsor Site.
- Miscellaneous. 1.Other than for entrants who are U.K. residents, Sponsor, any Co-Sponsor, and each entrant agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of an appropriate state court in Marin County, California, or an appropriate federal court located in San Francisco, for any action or proceeding arising out of or related to these Rules, the Contest, or any prize. For U.K. residents: these Rules are governed by the Laws of England and Wales, and Sponsor, any Co-Sponsor, and each entrant agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in England in connection with any action or proceeding arising out of or related to these Rules, the Contest, or any prize. By entering the Contest, each entrant submits to the jurisdiction of those courts and waives any objection to those courts, whether on the basis of jurisdiction, venue, inconvenience of the forum, or otherwise. If any part of these Rules is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, such part will be modified by such court to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable while preserving to the maximum extent possible the original intent of Sponsor, and the remaining parts of these Rules will remain in full force and effect. Nothing contained herein or in any of the Contest related materials should be construed as an endorsement by Sponsor of any Co-Sponsor, or of Sponsor or any Co-Sponsor of any third party, product, or service.
- Winner's List; Mailing List. The user name(s) and entries of the Contest winner(s) will be posted on the Contest page of the Sponsor Site, within thirty (30) days of awarding of all prizes. In addition, the names of the winner(s) may be obtained by sending a written request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the below address (requests must include the words "WINNER'S LIST" and the full name of the Contest prominently in the first line of the address):
82 2nd St.
San Francisco, California 94105
All such requests must be received within six (6) months of the Deadline. Sponsor's telephone number for Contest purposes is (01-510-473-7626). Entrants who opt to join Sponsor's electronic mailing list agree to be contacted by email by Sponsor. Requests for removal from Sponsor's mailing list may be made as instructed in any such email, or by sending a written request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Instructables Mailing List" at the above address, by calling the above telephone number, or as otherwise indicated on the Sponsor Site. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage on winner's list and mailing list requests.
© 2011 Instructables, Inc. All rights reserved.
INSTRUCTABLES is a registered trademark of Instructables, Inc.
Other brands may be trademarks of their respective owners.