450Views1Replies

Author Options:

Question about my microwave Answered

I just discovered that the inside of my microwave has two rust spots in it. It's also seems to have air leaking from it when it runs, or at least I can feel heat. My question is, since I know little about microwaves other than usuing them, is this microwave still safe to use? (My guess it isn't, but thought I'd ask) It's an older one given to me by my cousin. Thanks.

Comments

The forums are retiring in 2021 and are now closed for new topics and comments.
0
Kiteman
Kiteman

13 years ago

As long as they haven't rusted through (made holes), you're safe. Even then, tiny holes are OK.

The warm air you feel is deliberate - it's the cooling fan blowing.

(I once thought my microwave was leaking radiation because a large chocolate bar melted near-by. It turned out that it was sitting in the draft from the cooling fan)