Questions about K'nex gun features. Answered
Hey, I'm Stale56 (as most of you may know), and I'm building a K'nex gun right now.
I have several questions about some features on K'nex guns.
1. What type of barrel will get further range, a TDS style barrel (where it is layered), or the type on Foresthell12's K'nex pistol V2 (snowflake with grey/red rods connected)?
2. Is a firing pin that comes out of the barrel better than one that doesn't stick out of the end of it?
WHAT I MEAN: Let's say a gun with a tube barrel has a body that is the length of a red rod, and a firing pin that is a black rod. When the pin is not cocked back, and not ready to fire, the firing pin is sticking out the front end of the barrel.
Think of all those "Smallest True Trigger" guns. They have a small firing pin that is a white rod, blue rod, etc. Now imagine if you made the firing pin a yellow rod. You can imagine that the firing pin will stick out of the front end of the barrel. And that is what I mean in my question.
3. Does firing pin size matter that much?
EXAMPLE: If you have a yellow rod firing pin that isn't pulled back that far, and a black rod that is pulled back the same distance as the red rod, which will have better range? I'm assuming the black, but I might be wrong.
4. What is the best type of bullet lock?
5. I know that black rods are stronger than grey, but if you have a grey rod for the firing pin, and replace it with a black one, will it go further? If so, will it be alot further, or only 2 inches further
Thats it for now, I may add some more questions later.
Thank you for you time.