Resistor Value for LED series? Answered
I am new to electronics, just started it as a hobby, and tried my hands to make a LED Series. As I am not aware of the exact calculations to figure out the resistor value, I am facing problems - resistor is getting burnt. I am just seeing a led series bought from the market and trying to make another one based on its circuit & design. The overall scheme & design of the circuit was:
- I made a series of total 44 white led lights.
- Added a bridge rectifier first (4 diodes joined in a systematic way),
- then came three led's with 1K Ohms resistors each
- then followed 38 plain led's,
- finally three leds again with 1K resistors each.
The last three resistors got burnt after 10 odd minutes. Obviously the resistor value is not right. What should be the general thumb rule to figure it out.
I wish to make few smaller series of 12, 24 & 36 LED's, how many resistors do I add in each?
Will be thankful for some guidance.