Author Options:

Speaker Switch help PLEASE!? Answered

So I have two sets of speckers. one pair is attatched by two lengths of speaker wire to my stereo. Can I buy a switch that would allow me to have both plugged in but switch between the two pairs?? If you were going by the picture below it would be the black and red wires go to the stereo and you can switch between the green/blue and the orange/pink wires which go to the sets of speakers Please help!! Thanks in advance!


The forums are retiring in 2021 and are now closed for new topics and comments.

Best Answer 11 years ago

. You need a 4PDT (four-pole, double-throw) switch. . Hook the wires from the amp to the center connectors on the switch. Hook one set of speakers to the connectors on the right side(top). Hook the other set to the left side (bottom).