155Views12Replies

Author Options:

Still have 3 instructables missing from their catigories. Answered

Back on May 24th i posted an issue with 3 of my instructables missing from the category listing.
https://www.instructables.com/community/Instructables-not-showing-up/

I was told it was being worked on so i checked it from time to time to see if there was any progress. Now that it has been over a month since i first reported the problem i check the instructables again and they still don't show in the category listings. So when, if ever, will this problem be remedied?

Comments

The forums are retiring in 2021 and are now closed for new topics and comments.
0
DeandrasCrafts
DeandrasCrafts

8 years ago

Hi folks!
Seems like I have been on the instructable filter list lately....
I have two instructables that I published last night (after talking with mikasaurus, thanks so much) that are not showing up in the recent feed at all this morning.

They are for contests and have the publish date on them when I see them so I think I'm good until you guys can work on them in your free time.

Funny huh, "free time"....

Thanks so much and have a great day!

0
DeandrasCrafts
DeandrasCrafts

Reply 8 years ago

I see them now. Thank you so much!

0
mikeasaurus
mikeasaurus

Reply 8 years ago

Great, please let me know if you have any more questions!

0
mikeasaurus
mikeasaurus

8 years ago

We've tried to get these to show up but it seems to be an anomaly. I've put a request for our Development Team to see if there's something more that can be done, but I don't think there's an immediate solution to this.

0
canucksgirl
canucksgirl

Reply 8 years ago

Hey Mike,

Does "Upverter" have anything to do with it? It's the only one thing that's consistent through all 3 of mpilchfamily's ibles (and I can't see that its being used on any of his other published ibles that do show up), so maybe the service is affecting the Instructables system and its perhaps outright rejecting them from the categories?

(I know it might be a long shot... since I can't tinker behind the scenes myself...)

0
mikeasaurus
mikeasaurus

Reply 8 years ago

Thanks for all your help tracking this down and trying to sort it out. It took some time to figure this out, but it looks like it was the upverter code (nice catch).

Looks like publishing the project without the upverter code and letting the category lists populate (and sync) then adding the upverter code after worked best. This is the first I've seen this code on our site and am interested in how it can interface with us.

Keep up the awesome work!

0
canucksgirl
canucksgirl

Reply 8 years ago

Thanks Mike. Nothing surprises me anymore... I've seen stranger things troubleshooting code; but I'm glad it all worked out, and I'm happy to help.

0
mpilchfamily
mpilchfamily

Reply 8 years ago

Thanks for featuring the FM Listening Bug and trying to get the other 2 to show up as well. I see there publish date has been changed. To bad it didn't help put them in the categories. Oh well, guess they will be left to linger in the void. At least this isn't happening to all my instructables.

0
mikeasaurus
mikeasaurus

Reply 8 years ago

It seems to be something to do with the "upverter" media embedded. We got one to work successfully, so you can try removing the upverter media and republishing, then going back about a day later and try re-embedding it. It might work.

This is an isolated incident and something that has us scratching our heads over here.

0
Kiteman
Kiteman

Reply 8 years ago

PM

0
mpilchfamily
mpilchfamily

Reply 8 years ago

It was upverter. I removed the embedded schematic and all is well.

Thank you all!