Author Options:

Valve question Answered

Hi all ... my first post is actually a question. I have been searching for the name of a specific type of valve. More specifically the name of the valve in a refillable butane lighter (the intake valve). The little brass valve that is usually at the bottom. I need something similar for a proeject I am working on but after looking for a while I have yet even to come up with a specific name for it. Also, if somebody could tell me where I could find some (doesn't have to be brass - as long as it is metal) ... I need about 20 minimum to begin with. Thank you very much, Iza Bl..


The forums are retiring in 2021 and are now closed for new topics and comments.

14 years ago

found this from google (searched butane refill valve) apparently its for a toy steam engine.. http://www.ministeam.com/acatalog/Maier_Parts.html 3rd to last item unfortunately it looks pretty big and they're $6 a peice

other than that i'm not seeing anything specific to anyone actually selling those valves by themselves...it's a pretty "purpose specific" valve (as far as THAT valve is concerned)

in general the valve is just a one way valve...the thing that makes the one on a lighter special is that it's designed for the butane refill cans to fit on them...

could you not just collect all your friend's/family's/family's friends' lighters?