Author Options:

Where can I buy transparent touch switches? Answered

Basically I need a thin, transparent, pressure switch which can be glued, or otherwise bound to a glass surface, and determine when something is resting on it. It only needs to be an electrical switch, and does not have to report the coordinates of the contact. Any help is greatly appreciated!



11 years ago

If you're only looking for an off / on output (as opposed to an output that is proportional to the applied pressure), try dismantling a cheap pc keyboard. They use two transparent sheets (obviously the sheet contains about 50 buttons, just cut out however many you require) to for a switch.