265Views20Replies

Author Options:

ZIT!! ZIT!! OUCH! Answered

I was just electrocuted! I Just got out of the shower, i of course dried my hands, mostly because i can't open a stuborn doorknob without doing it, and i saw one of those spinning party lights (you know the ones with the lights that shine therough the colored circles?) and i was unplugging it in my chase of spare parts, and i did it, i was pulling the plug out of the power strip and my finger went under the plug while it was still in and BAm it took a second to realize it and i'm ok i guess nothing burning or smelling bad, and i think it tried giving my carple tunnel, because now my wriste hurts horribly(i really am fine though) I'm having a hard time typing because my fingers are getting over it so my head wont pay attention anyway let me knwo about your recent or weird electrocutions, and no i didn't crap myself

Comments

The forums are retiring in 2021 and are now closed for new topics and comments.
0
guyfrom7up
guyfrom7up

12 years ago

also, in the picture, the plug has 3 prongs, but the outlet only has 2 bad drawings at the clip art company, lol

0
cd41
cd41

Reply 12 years ago

didnt even see it remember i was getting over eletrucution, wonder how many volts i took in off to go check!

0
cd41
cd41

Reply 12 years ago

turns out it was 330V I am SUPERMAN-ISH , i know the volts amps thing ok let me enjoy some ignorance

0
LinuxH4x0r
LinuxH4x0r

Reply 12 years ago

330? I don't think so. either 230 or 120 (120 in the US)

0
cd41
cd41

Reply 12 years ago

I checked it it definetly said 330v i'll go check again..brb nvm on the 330v it was suppressed voltage tested at 330v its limit is actually 125v which i'm guessing wouldn't be normal level(really) so i guess your right at 120v

0
Thelonelysandwitch
Thelonelysandwitch

Reply 12 years ago

iv been shocked by 120 and it is like you described, but it wasn't that bad when typing. I think it was 114 to 125 volts. thats what I get in my house.

0
Derin
Derin

Reply 12 years ago

The 330 would be a manageable one only on 3P 380V lines anyway.

0
Doctor What
Doctor What

12 years ago

Fun! You didn't get superpowers from your accident, did you?

0
cd41
cd41

Reply 12 years ago

Well i have been electrucuted harer before but now i don't feel most of it :) hopefully i wont get shocked again while my chest is brusied up, sneezing hurts alot so i dont want to imagine a voltage enough to feel it going through me

0
Kiteman
Kiteman

Reply 12 years ago

Have you ever listened to a spark arcing across an airgap?

zzztttt

0
Chicken2209
Chicken2209

Reply 12 years ago

well i generally try to use onomatopoeia that isnt already a word

0
cd41
cd41

Reply 12 years ago

Well ouch wouldn't haven't let on if that was the only thing now would it?

0
Sandisk1duo
Sandisk1duo

12 years ago

I fried my friend's $2000 custom built gaming computer, just by plugging in a projector from the 90's!

0
Kiteman
Kiteman

12 years ago

I got blown the length of a garage when (as a child) I sawed through the door-frame to try and find the mains cable. As you may surmise, I found it. Since then, nothing but tingles off the mains (such as touching both the contacts on a power switch with the same finger - the current went through about an inch of me, and left two small ashen patches). With VdG generators, though, I've been zapped with around half a million volts, which nearly made me swear.

0
Gjdj3
Gjdj3

12 years ago

Ouch, that sucks! I've been shocked a lot of times, but never from an outlet. I remember when I was shocked before, most of the pain was from when my arm spasmed and I whacked my hand into the wall. The actual shocking part wasn't that bad.

0
guyfrom7up
guyfrom7up

12 years ago

what'd it feel like? Careful of internal damage!

0
11010010110
11010010110

Reply 12 years ago

i electrocuted few times from 240 V ac. in all cases it was either closed path thru the hand only (palm only or palm to elbow) or capacitive path (limited current) from hand to body the closed path ones felt like being slashed really dip with an array of very sharp blades + as if it closes my hand with strong invisible force the capacitive ones were similar but way weaker thanks to rcd's and my jumping skills none of those electrocutions lasted more than split second

0
cd41
cd41

Reply 12 years ago

my finger felt like it was being vibrated from the inside out like other times i've been eletrocuted, and i am perfectly fine the pain is going away and hopefully like before there is no internal damage