Author Options:

adapter/ converter/ transformer /power supply? Answered

does anyone know a good place to buy them? personally, i need something that will turn 240v ac into 17-21 volts dc 130mA. I've become very frustrated looking for specific adapters.


The forums are retiring in 2021 and are now closed for new topics and comments.

13 years ago

An adapter like that should be relatively common from any electronic supply store. 130mA is very low though. You can exceed that without worry since it's actually the load that determines the current output from the supply. The rating is simply the maximum the supply can handle. You could also use a 28-30 vac supply and put it through your own bridge rectifier and variable regulator circuit.