can a 9v be used to heat a piece of wire without the danger of blowing up? Answered
I am working on a costume that utilizes shape memory metal. I plan to use a 9v to briefly heat the metal to its transformation point of roughly 115F where it springs to shape but I would like to prevent any possibility of this momentary short circuit from blowing out the battery. I have yet to fully grasp the applications of diodes, transistors and resistors. is there any kind of simple setup someone may suggest? I've also considered the use of microcontrollers or relays but im trying to keep as simple as I can.