Author Options:

"Shaun of the Dead" / "Dead Snow" Film Shot - Characters equipping themselves, What is it called? Answered

In Movies such as "Shaun of the Dead" or (lesser known) "Dead Snow", there is a particular technique which they use when filming the scenes where the characters equip themselves to fight the zombies. It combines close up shots of each weapon, usually with someone grabbing/lifting it, in quick succession, with a specific noise accompanying each shot. It's rather difficult to explain, but I hope you understand. My question is, What is this type of shot called? I'm hoping to take Film Studies next year at Uni, and I'm trying to expand my knowledge now. Any help would be appreciated.



Best Answer 10 years ago

Check out the definition of "montage" or "photomontage". This may approach what you're looking for.


10 years ago

I think, since it involves images taken from several angles being edited together, it is probably a sequence rather than a shot.

I know exactly what scene you mean, and I think it is called a cliché ;-)