Author Options:

replace a 21 " CRT in a TV with the small CRT PC monitor ? Answered

 i have a 21" TV lying around and an old CRT monitor. basically i want to use the CRT monitor as the TV in my bed room. the old 21" TV is not  working but the CRT monitor is. is there any way I can use the monitor as a tv without the computer? since the monitor cannot be directly connected to the cable i need a way to use it... pls help. 



The forums are retiring in 2021 and are now closed for new topics and comments.

11 years ago

What's wrong with the TV?
Some parts of the two devices are pretty-much the same, buy the TV has all the signal-decoding & tuning stuff.
You could buy a box to adapt, but for an old monitor I don't think it'd be worth it.
How about getting a USB device for the PC instead?