Generative Design Workshop
Think of a new skill you want to learn this year, and how you might be able to use CAD to help move toward reaching that goal! In the spirit of learning new skills, try to use a feature in Fusion 360 that you've never tried before. Include the feature that you learned during this competition in your instructable and what you gained from that feature.
1. Open to students attending high school, college or university in the United States.
2. All entries MUST share school entrant is currently attending in the introductory step.
3. All entries MUST use Fusion 360 in their design.
4. Submissions must be entered between January 3, 2022 and February 28, 2022 (11:59pm PT).
Join us on Discord to receive the following benefits:
• Answers to all of your contest and Fusion 360 related questions.
• Learn from other contestants and Autodesk staff while designing a fun project.
• Fusion 360 workshops and office hours provided to facilitate learning (all times in PT):
▫ Introduction to Workspaces - 1/10/22, 5pm
▫ Generative Design Workshop - 1/20/22, 5pm
▫ Workspaces Q&A - 1/21/22, 5pm
▫ Mid-term Review - Week of 1/24/22
▫ Instructables Work Party - 2/23/22, 5pm
If you have never posted an Instructable before, please refer to the How to Write an Instructable guide for more information.
Only left to enter the New Year, New Skill Student Design Challenge!
- $500 Amazon Gift Card
- $250 Amazon Gift Cards
- $100 Amazon Gift Cards
- $50 Amazon Gift Cards
Write an Instructable
Create a new Instructable that fits the guidelines outlined in the contest description above. To be eligible, Instructables must be published between Jan 3, 2022 and Feb 28, 2022 (11:59pm PT).
Upon publishing your Instructable you'll see checkboxes for open contests. Select New Year, New Skill Student Design Challenge. If you have entries currently eligible for entry, it will also show up by clicking "Enter this Contest" on the right side of this page.
Entries are accepted by Instructables staff within one business day Monday - Friday. What matters is the submission time, not acceptance time.
A panel of judges made up of Instructables staff and respected members of the community rate the finalists. The averages of the ratings determine the winners.
When the winners are decided they will be notified and announced here on the contest page.