BurdaStyle and Instructables are teaming up to host a DIY Fashion Challenge!
Channel your inner Chanel and show us your most creative clothing designs for a chance to win an amazing set of prizes and promotional opportunities.
All entries must involve your own clothing creations, whether you've been inspired by the runways or had a vision in a dream. It doesn't matter where the inspiration comes from, as long as the final handiwork is your own. This contest is focused solely on garment design and construction, not accessories.
To enter the BurdaStyle Fashion Challenge submit a Step By Step, Photo, or Video Instructable documenting the process and/or final product of a garment you’ve either sewn by machine or hand, knit, crochet or a combination of garment creation techniques.
Multiple entries are accepted, but each entrant can only win one prize. Contest is open to U.S. entries only. Contest closes for entries at 11:59pm PDT, June 12.
The BurdaStyle Fashion Challenge is closed.
Grand Prize (1 winner)
Featured blog post in BurdaStyle - Winning project will be featured on BurdaStyle.com, the largest online sewing community with over 500,000 members.
Project will be included in a Best of Slide Show on BurdaStyle
Industrial Sewing Machine from Singer - 191D-20 straight stitch industrial sewing machine
Serger - Stylist II (14J250) 4-thread serger (Value: $400)
Amann-Mettler Organizer Box with 104 Spools of Thread - 104 Spools of Mettler Metrosene Thread (art 1161, 150m all purpose thread)
$100 Indygo Junction gift certificate - $100 in books and patterns from Indygo Junction
Sublime Stitching gift certificate + tote - $100 gift certificate to Sublime Stitching and pre-printed tote
Write an Instructable
Create a new Instructable that fits the guidelines outlined in the contest description above. To be eligible, Instructables must be published between May 9, 2011 and Jun 12, 2011 (11:59pm PT).
Upon publishing your Instructable you'll see checkboxes for open contests. Select BurdaStyle Fashion Challenge. If you have entries currently eligible for entry, it will also show up by clicking "Enter this Contest" on the right side of this page.
Entries are accepted by Instructables staff within one business day Monday - Friday. What matters is the submission time, not acceptance time.
Instructables members can vote for an entry during the contest plus 3 days after the contest closes.
A panel of judges made up of Instructables staff and respected members of the community rate the finalists. The averages of the ratings determine the winners.
When the winners are decided they will be announced here on the contest page. All entrants will be notified when this happens.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.