Ah Spring! The snow is melting, the flowers are beginning to bloom, and you can finally open your windows! All of this new life and sunshine is the perfect inspiration for cleaning out the cobwebs. Show us all of your tips and tricks for getting your space spic and span! From homemade green cleaners, to full room renovations to super speedy clean-up tricks, we want to see how you clean up your act.
Submit a new Step by Step, Photo, or Video Instructable that demonstrates your mad cleaning skills. Be sure to document your project with lots of great photos or video, and provide plenty of details so that others may emulate your efforts. The challenge begins April 18th, and you have until May 15th to enter.
Contest is open to international entries. Multiple entries are accepted. Each entrant is limited to one prize.
The Spring Cleaning Contest is closed.
First Prize (5 winners)
Second Prize (10 winners)
First Prize (5 winners)
Three lucky winners will receive the new iRobot Scooba 230. Why work when you can let the robots do the cleaning for you! The newest and most compact floor washing robot, Scooba 230 brings high-performance scrubbing to tight, hard-to-reach spaces in bathrooms and kitchens, including around the toilet and under cabinets.
Also included is an Instructables prize pack including an Instructables t-shirt and a one year pro membership.
Second Prize (10 winners)
Ten lucky winners will receive a gift pack from Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day including a Kitchen Basics Set and "Mrs. Meyer's Clean Home Book"! Also included is an Instructables prize pack including a t-shirt and one year pro membership.
Write an Instructable
Create a new Instructable that fits the guidelines outlined in the contest description above. To be eligible, Instructables must be published between Apr 18, 2011 and May 15, 2011 (11:59pm PT).
Upon publishing your Instructable you'll see checkboxes for open contests. Select Spring Cleaning Contest. If you have entries currently eligible for entry, it will also show up by clicking "Enter this Contest" on the right side of this page.
Entries are accepted by Instructables staff within one business day Monday - Friday. What matters is the submission time, not acceptance time.
Instructables members can vote for an entry during the contest plus 3 days after the contest closes.
A panel of judges made up of Instructables staff and respected members of the community rate the finalists. The averages of the ratings determine the winners.
When the winners are decided they will be announced here on the contest page. All entrants will be notified when this happens.
2. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Instructables, contest co-sponsors, and judges, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this contest.
3. Prize is not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Instructables and contest co-sponsors reserve the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value if the prize listed is unavailable for any reason. All potential winners are subject to verification at the discretion of Instructables and contest co-sponsors.
4. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided "as is", and Instructables and contest co-sponsors make no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
5. Instructables and contest co-sponsors are not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. Instructables reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the contest at any time as necessary, at its sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at its sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this contest.
7. Instructables reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of the Terms of Service; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; to be acting in a unethical or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this contest, you hereby grant Instructables a perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
10. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of California and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.