In this Instructable, I will walk you through the process of making a self watering, anti-spill, watermelon planter.
There are many amazing features to this planter.
1) self watering
3) push in water tanks
4) water tight
5) loads of fun for kids!
This is a difficult build, but if your up to it, don't let me stop you!
the cad software I'm using is Autodesk fusion 360, a great and well advanced software for beginners, all the way to professionals. it is a great, free option, and always up to-date.
- Print out all the pieces, supports are needed on some.
- Slide the two tank pieces together and secure.
- Push in watering mechanism in all the way.
- Repeat the process with all 8 tanks.
- Fill them with water.
- Screw on the lids.
- Slide the tanks into the base structure.
- Put the pot into the base structure.
- pull up on the watering mechanism once a day...
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.