Intro: ~$10 DIY Bluetooth Speaker
This is my first Instructable, so please bear with me :)
I had a few home theater speakers that I was not using and initially I thought I could use the speakers for a Bluetooth speaker build that I was thinking of doing. I was about to remove the speakers from their enclosures, but realized that they were so well made and sounded great, I decided to leave them in their original box.
I used a single Lithium-ion 18650 cell which I salvaged from an old laptop battery pack.
Step 1: Parts List
Step 2: Tools List
- Soldering iron
- Helping hands
Step 3: Soldering Time!
- Connect the positive terminal of the battery to the "B+" and the negative terminal to the "B-" on the TP4056.
- Connect "OUT+" to the left leg of the switch and solder a wire from the middle leg of the switch to the 5V+ connection on the PAM8403
- Connect "OUT-" to the 5V- connection on the PAM8403
- The PAM8403 is a stereo amp so connect the two speakers by soldering wires from the amp to the speakers as shown in the diagram.
- The amp will require input. This input will come from the Bluetooth module. The module is connected to the amp via a 3.5mm jack.
Once all your connections are done:
- Turn the Bluetooth module on
- Pair to a mobile device
- Turn the switch on
- Enjoy the music! :)
Step 4: Done!
Have a look at the video above where I go into detail about each component and a demo!