Introduction: 10 Minute Pie Dough
If you are looking for a quick and simple pie dough recipe, this is for you. This dough comes out buttery and flakey with few ingredients and little effort. The key here simplicity.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
· Flour - 1 1/4 Cups
· Butter - 10 Tablespoons
· Salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
· Chilled Water - 1/4 Cup
Step 1: Step 1: Combine Ingredients
1. In a bowl mix flour, salt.
2. Add in butter a little at a time until the mixture appears coarse and crumbly
2. Stir in chilled water a little at a time until the mixture forms into a dough
*Note* The dough can be sticky, but should not be wet.
Step 2: Step 2: Wrap and Refrigerate
1. Wrap in a plastic food wrap
2. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour
*Science fact* Letting the dough rest in this way helps the fats re-solidify, increases even moisture reabsorption, and allows the gluten to spread out allowing for easier manipulation and flakier crust.
Participated in the