Step 1: Beeswax Recipes
Wax is used for all kinds of things, here I have gathered a couple of cool ideas. When combining these wax combination you need to heat up the oil or spirits first. Then you can add solid or melted beeswax to form a concoction. Beeswax was used in all of these applications.
1. FURNITURE POLISH 4:1 Linseed Oil / Wax
2. SAWBLADE 4:1 Mineral Oil / Wax
3. FABRIC WATERPROOFING 1:1 Mineral Spirits / Wax
(Dip fabric in melted wax & mineral spirits and let dry)
4. CUTTING BOARD 4:1 Mineral Oil / Wax
5. DRY SKIN 4:1 Olive Oil / Wax + Aromatic Oils (optional)
6. TABLE SAW 4:1 Mineral Oil / Wax
7. LEATHER CARE 4:1 Linseed Oil / Wax
8. MAKE YOUR OWN SINKER NAILS 3:1 Mineral Spirits / Wax
(Coat nails in melted mineral spirits and wax, let dry)
9. WOODEN SPOONS 4:1 Mineral Oil / Wax
10. WATERPROOFING MATCHES 3:1 Mineral Spirits / Wax
(Coat matches in melted mineral spirits and wax, let dry)
11. WAXIFIED DANISH OIL 4:1 Danish Oil / Wax
12. RUST PROTECTION 4:1 Mineral Oil / Wax
13. PROTECTING OUTDOOR FURNITURE 4:1 Linseed Oil / Wax
14. DRAWER SLIDERS 4:1 Mineral Oil / Wax
15. FIRE STARTERS 1:1 Sawdust / Wax
(Combine melted wax with sawdust and pour into wooden mold that can be taken apart or silicon mold. Remove from mold when stiff and cut into smaller pieces.)
1: When melting a large amount of beeswax, using a dedicated shop slow cooker will do the job easily.
2. Looking for cheaper mineral oil? Pick up baby oil instead, it's made of 100% mineral oil.