Introduction: 3-Axis Scale Ruler - DIY Papercraft
This is a good tool to show the size of an object when you taking a picture for it.
- Combined with a square tubular structure, and can be extended according to the size of the subject.
- Can stand on their own, do not need to hand support, it is convenient for shooting
- It‘s small size after separation, and easy to store. -
- There are red, blue and green colors on three axes, and can be used to correct the color when modifying the picture.
Step 1: Good Point
- The three axes are dimensioned, and the length / width / height dimensions are immediately recognizable.
- You can take pictures by yourself. Do not need someone give you a hand
- Background simple and clean, the subject is more obvious.
- low cost & eco-friendly
Step 2: Tools & Materials
- Cutting Mat : used to protect the desktop, also extending life of blade.
- Ruler : used to scribing a long straight fold line.
- Scoring tool : a small round tip tool is used to scribing fold line. Such as inkless ballpoint pen.
- Knife : for cutting small or complex parts pieces.
- Glue : white glue (PVAc).
- Paper Size : A4 (210mm x 297mm)
- Paper Weight : 150 gsm is recommended.
Step 3: Workflow
- Scoring the fold line to dent the paper.
- Cutting pieces align black outline line.
Fold & Glue Glue
- the folded pieces together by instruction.
- Assemble parts by part numbers and stick by instruction