Introduction: 3 Ingredient Halloween Hatchet Cookies
A ghoulish idea for your next Halloween party! These macabre 3 ingredient shortbread cookies bake in under 30 minutes.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Makes approximately 12-15 cookies
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- red food coloring
- hatchet cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add flour and mix until it forms a soft dough. It will be crumbly but keep mixing and it will form into a dough. Form into a ball. Roll dough out to ¼ inch thick on a floured surface.
- Use the cookie cutter to cut out shapes and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown. Let cool completely and drizzle food coloring on edge of each cookie and smear onto the edge of the hatchet cookie.
Participated in the
Halloween Food Contest 2016