I needed an external power supply for my projects. I had an old dvd player which refused to work anymore so I decided to give him another utility. I have removed the power board and all other parts which could be used for some other projects.
With power supply from dvd player I made one external power supply for my projects which has three outputs: 1 x 12V, 2 x 5V and 2 x GND.
WARNING: WATCH YOUR FINGERS FOR HIGH VOLTAGE - 110/220V !!!!!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Parts and Tools
- power supply from old dvd player
- empty plastic/wood box or you can make your own
- on/off switch
- power cord (from same dvd player)
- connector strip
- 5v lamp or led (optional)
- usb female port (optional)
- soldering gun
- hot glue gun
Step 2: Install All Parts
- drill all necessary holes for switch, power cord, lamp and usb port
- fix power supply board with hot glue inside your box
- fix on/off switch with hot glue in his possition
- solder wires from power cord, one to switch and another to one pins from power supply board; another wire shoul go from switch to power supply.
- solder wirest from all five pins (1 x 12V, 2 x 5V and 2 x GND); pull out those wires through a small hole drilled on top of your box
- connect wires to one side of connector strip
- fix connector strip with hot glue or drill two holes and fix by bolts and nuts
Step 3: Final
I hope this is helpful.
Enjoy your projects.
Participated in the
Full Spectrum Laser Contest 2016