Building video of a high energy density 36V 32Ah (1.15kWh) 110 cells Li-ion battery that works as an upgrade of the default 36V 15Ah LiFePO4 original battery was previously installed on a all terrain e-longboard.
The new battery were customized to fit perfectly the volume available at the same time specifications are improved. The original 36V 15Ah LiFePO4 battery were rised in capacity at a 110% and reducing the size and weight by half. In the process we changed the battery case for a more thinner and compact one with a 40% less volume.
In this video can be seen one of our safety implementations we designed and named "SPC" (safe parallel connection), where the construction improves integrity and safety and avoid dangerous situations if the battery would receive a hard impact / crush. Will be deeply explained in a video soon.
We also added as an extra feature position led lights, a battery meter and headlight wiring output.
- 10 serial, 11 paralleled 2.9Ah 3C max continuous Samsung LiNiCoAlO2 (NCA) Lithium-ion cells.
- spot welded with a single layers of 0.12mm x 7mm of pure nickel.
- 35A max continuous balancing function and led indicators built-in BMS.
- 12 AWG wires according with the BMS and the aimed max discharge of 30A continuous.
- XT60 for discharge port
- protected XLR for charging port
- total weight: 5.6Kg
- 110A continuous capabilities (4kWnom)
- 2200Amax burst capabilities (8kWnom)
- 35Amax continuous BMS limited (1.2kWnom)
- 70Amax burst BMS limited (2.4kWnom)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.