Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Supplies
For this craft, you will need:
8.5 * 11 cardstock paper
Paint of choice
Star shape of choice
Step 2: Make Stencil
1. Find image/digital file of star you want and size. Feel free to use the one I've included which makes about a 7 inch star.
2. Print star on cardstock or draw freehand.
3. Cut along outline to make the stencil.
Step 3: Trace, Cut, and Fold Outline
1. Open up the cereal box so that it is flat and open to the matte brown side.
2. Trace with a marker around the stencil on the two largest sides of the cereal box.
3. Cut out the stars with a box cutter.
4. Take a bone folder to the glossy (back) side of each star and make folds from each of the five points to the opposite inner vertex.
Step 4: Tape Two Sides Together
1. Line up the two folded stars back to back.
2. Using 3/4" or thicker masking tape, center align ten 2.5" strips of tape along each side of the star and fold down and cut off stray edges.
Step 5: Finishing Touches
1. Paint the star.
2. Decorate as you wish!