in this tutorial i made a flower pot from 3d printed model of my scanned head , any other shapes will work too
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Prepare the Model
in this step i used TinkerdCAD website because you can edit your STL file easly.
1. import your pre-scanned model or chose any shape from tinkercad menu that suitable for being flower pot.
2. use shapes such as :
- Cone ; with height = 1/2 base diameter
to print without internal supports
3. use these shapes as a Hole and not Solid
4. Group all shapes together
5. make a small holes at the buttom for water to get out
6. make a Base for the pot (see the attached video)
7. export the files as start printing :)
Step 2: Planting
now the fun begin , get ready to go outdoor
- get any small plant from your garden or buy one
- get some soil
- stones or anything for decoration
Step 3: Downloading the Tutorial's STL Files
you can download the STL files from thingivers website
Step 4: Final Step
take care of your plant
and leave a comment below for support :)
Participated in the
Gardening Contest 2017