I just want to build a new kind of quad copter, and it's end up just like space ship... and because it's a drone, so it's a space drone... :)
This video will concentrate at the frame assembling only, even though i put some component in the sequence, all the component it's really depend on the Flight Board or Flight Controller u will use...
Step 1: Frame Part...
See assemble video above...
Some part that u need is (for Frame only):
- Voltus/Fatboy 3D parted part,u can download it from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2844836
- 16mm OD x 16cm Carbon Tube (lenght of the tube can be up to you)
- 4 x M3 40mm Bolt (for arm axle)
- 5 x M3 25mm Bolt & Nut (for leg and tail battery)
- 16 x M3 25mm Bolt & Nut (for motor holder)
- 22 x 2mm diameter, 10mm long screw (for top plate, bottom plate, CF hinge lock, top cover)
- some hot glue & some extra screw, nut and bolt will be better
Step 2: A Little Bit About Electronic Part...
And for the electronic part is not must but at least have this:
- Flight Board or u can use APM other newer FC like NAZA for better quality
- if u use to APM FC u need power module and additional part like Minim Micro OSD, 3DR Telemetry Module, M8N GPS, LED & Buzzer driver, Motor LED
- If u want to FPV or Arial Camera u need 3D gimbal, 600wm at least VTX, 4K action cam or else
- Power Distribution Board (include UBEX 5v and 12v is recomended), 30A OPTO ESC, 2212 brushless motor, 1145 prop, 4S Lipo Battery (4200mAh is better)
- Silicone AWG for better cabling
- Remote Control and Receiver
Step 3: Test Flight and Box??
I try to make it fordable and can fit in my tools box...
MusaW made it!