3D Printed Open Source SHRED-Buddy3D UPcycler turns leftover filament bits, bottles & fishing line into pellets for 3D printing.
Designed by Venture-Bit
Do you own a 3D printer like most Maker and DIY'ler?
almost run out of filament? ... Again? What to do with the last few meters?
well... Make Pellets/Granules of it and use these to create new Filament with a Filament Extruder or an DIY Pellet extruder.
Now You Can Easilyand securely Cut and Shred all your leftover Plastics: such as cable ties, plastic bottles, leftover 3D printer material, fishing line and much more.
If you like this Open Source Project, you can Support Our Current 3D Printer Upgrade Project at Kickstarter:
Click-- Wembi LIVE @ Kickstarter
With all eyes in the tech world turned on next great 3D printing technology, Wembi makes a quantum leap in existing technologies bringing the future here. Invest, support or simply help spread the word, so that we can make Wembi available to everyone. And remember, every kind of support is welcome.
- -Firmware for ATtiny85
- -Wiring/PCB Layout as SVG and Gerber (with and without Copperfill)
- -BOM/Shopping List with Links and more info
- -3D Printing Parts as .STL
Step 1: A Multi-functional Cutting&Shredding Tool for Maker
The shredder-element consists of a sharp HSS drill, which are known for
their long durability. The bottle slicer can be easily fitted back to full cutting capability with a standard cutter blade.
Step 2: The Mainbody Is 3D Printed and All Mechanical Parts Using Good Quality Ballbearings!
In most cases, any material is different in diameter or shape. For this
reason we have a fast-swappable System in form of various slide-tubes implemented.
What ? Shred-Buddy3D? What can it do?
- Producing Flakes / Pellets / Granules:
- Leftover 3D Printer Filament - Pellets
- (PET/PETE) - Plastic bottles - flakes / granules
- (Nylon,Polyamid) - Monofilament Fishing Line - Pellets
- (Nylon) - zip ties - Flakes / pellets / granules
- (Nylon) - String Trimmer line - Pellets
- (many materials available) - Hot Melt Glue Gun Sticks 7,20mm - 7,50mm - granules
Step 3: The Whole System Is Powered by 12V / DC Power.
Our self-developed steppermotor Controls allows you to optimally adjust Feedrate for your Situation. Forward, Backward and Stop is integrated for easy operation. The Speed can be continuously regulated via rotary switch.