In this project we will monitor the room temperature using a LDR_NSL19_M51 light dependant resistor (LDR) and 4Duino. The resistance of the LDR varies significantly with ambient light hence it can detect surrounding light intensity changes in real time. In this project 4Duino’s resistive touch display is used as a means for displaying the detected light intensity using LED digits and an angular meter.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: HOW IT WORKS
Step 2: BUILD
Collect the following components:
- LDR sensor
- Bread Board
- Jumper cables
- µSD card
- Micro USB cable
Then Build the project as shown in the diagram
Step 3: PROGRAM
Workshop4 – 4Duino Extended Graphics environment is used to program this project.
This project requires the Arduino IDE to be installed as Workshop calls the Arduino IDE for compiling the Arduino sketches. The Arduino IDE however is not required to be opened or modified to program the 4Duino.
- Download the project here
- Open the file using Workshop 4.
- Connect the 4Duino to the PC using µUSB cable.
- Then navigate to the Comms tab and select the Comms port to which the 4Duino connected.
- Finally, go back to “Home” tab and now click on the “Comp’nLoad” button.
- The Workshop 4 IDE will prompt you to insert a µSD card to the PC in order to save the widget images. Insert µSD card, select the appropriate drive and press button “OK”.
- If the µSD card has the widget images you can click button “No Thanks”.
- After uploading the program in to the 4Duino, it will try to mount the µSD card. If the µSD card is not present it will prints an error message.
- All you need to do is insert the µSD card you saved the image files into the 4Duino.
Step 4: DEMONSTRATION
Now you can read the light intensity displayed on 4Duino.
You can also modify this code and the graphics for some of your projects. You can add LED or buzzer and do some light playground using LDR with 4Duino.
You can visit 4Duino Projects Projects for more creative stuff.
Thank you !!!