Quick hack to create a piece of paracord that is 4 times the strength of a normal piece. The type of paracord that is being used here tests 160 lbs from Everbilt and is available from Home Depot:
This Instructable will give you a piece of paracord that will test at approximately 640 lbs. (160 lbs x 4)
2. Duct tape
3. Heavy duty scissors
Step 1: Cut and Braid 2 Strands
1. To start, cut 2 pieces of paracord, each to about 4 feet or 1.2 meters.
2. Fold each piece in half
3. Braid both strands.
4. Duct tape the loose ends to keep them from fraying.
Step 2: Braid Two Pairs Together
1. Start to braid the 2 strands together.
2. Once it has been started, put a temporary piece of duct tape on the looped end to help keep it from unraveling.
3. Keep braiding the 2 strands together until you reach the end.
Step 3: Knots Both Ends
1. Once it has been braided to the end, hold the looped end and knot it.
2. On the loose end, remove the duct tape, tighten the braid and knot then knot it.
3. Once both ends are knotted, tighten both knots to make sure they are secure.
4. Now the paracord will test at approximately 640 lbs. (160 lbs. x 4).