Got a pooch in your life that needs a lot of stimulation? Did their 5 Km walk and 2 hour run at the park do nothing to their energy level? Make this puzzle out of stuff you can find around the house and keep Fido occupied for hours.
Make sure you supervise you dog while using this, just like with any other toy they use. Use at your own risk.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You Need:
- Scrap metal
- Empty pop bottle.
Step 2: Tools:
- Drill and a large drill bit
- Sandpaper (I used 150 grit)
Step 3: Drillin
- Make sure the sure the bottle is clean from what ever was in it beforehand.
- Drill holes in random locations around the bottle. Make sure there are more near the bottom if you plan to hand your toy.
- Sand the holes to make sure there are no sharp edges that could hurt your dog.
Step 4: Strings
To add another dimension to the toy tie string around the neck of the bottle an let them hang from the sides. You can tie knots and loops in them to make them a little more interesting.
I also added scrap metal in the bottle to add sound and weight. Make sure whatever you use to add weight will not fall through the holes or be toxic.
Now if you think your little pal would prefer to play with the toy in the air tie another piece of string to the neck to which you can use to hang the toy from a door knob or whatnot.
Step 6: Treats
Final step is to fill your toy with treats ( make sure you break them up so they can fall out the holes).
Now give it to the dog and get hours of work done while your dog stay occupied.
Participated in the
Epilog Contest 8